This bag by Anna Maria Horner is a wonderful way to feature bold patterns on fabric while also being a practical, beautiful purse. It’s brimming with possibility for learning bag making techniques. You’ll learn bag interfacing options, lining and inside pockets, tricks for sewing curves and a faux piping technique that helps the bag keep its rounded shape.
Skill level: Intermediate
Duration: Two 3 hour sessions
- Sidewalk Satchel pattern by Anna Maria Horner
- Please see pattern envelope for fabric requirements and yardage.
- Sewing Machine
- Universal Sewing machine needle in sizes 80/12 and 90/14
- Hand sewing needle
- Matching all purpose thread
- Fabric marking pen or chalk
- Seam ripper
- Fusible fleece or 1/8” fusible foam