Actions and Detail Panel
SIAM - Service Integration and Management Foundation course - London, UK
Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, Dec 19, 2017, 5:00 PM GMT
2 day Service Integration and Management Foundation Course -
In multi-sourced operating environments services are provided using a combination of people, processes and technologies from a number of organizations, each with a range of contractual obligations and potentially different capabilities to deliver value. One way to address this challenge is through establishing an international standards based, discrete Service Integration and Management system. An effective SIAM system enables organizations to take advantage of the opportunity and flexibility of multi-sourcing to deliver integrated services to business units and their customers while ensuring good governance, operational management, risk management and regulatory compliance. SIAM requires the planning, design, implementation, operation, monitoring and improvement of services, processes, controls and service providers. It requires the ability to enable service delivery, prompt detection of service events and quick response to service incidents. Operational targets must be set in the context of SIAM policy, service objectives, management obligations and alignment with the core values, objectives and strategic direction of the organization and its customers.
A SIAM system enables an organisation to establish, develop, document, implement, evaluate, maintain and improve an effective and responsive service management system that will assist ensure service providers fulfil their obligations and deliver the quality of services expected.The SIAM system helps determine and manage the external and internal issues that can affect an organisation's ability to achieve the intended outcomes of service integration and management.
This 2 day course provides delegates with an understanding of SIAM in accordance with international standards for SIAM, organisational structures for good governance and good management, roles and responsibilities of the SIAM organisation and the essential SIAM processes. Delegates will learn about the integrated process approach of SIAM, the SIAM roadmap for implementation and the governance, management and operating model.
Corporate governance, industry regulations, privacy legislation and contractual obligations are some of the drivers of SIAM. This seminar will help participants develop a structured apprach to make informed decisions about the establishment, design and implementation of SIAM and manage the delivery of services by suppliers, and manage their contractual obligations. Participants will gain an appreciation of SIAM and how to effectively build capability and conduct assessments of SIAM process capability and organisational maturity.
Participants will learn more about:
- Overview of SIAM and the international standard
- The scope and purpose of system integration and management
- Defining a SIAM policy and framework for setting objectives, determining obligations and managing risk
- Understanding an organization’s service integration and management requirements
- Using a "Plan-Do-Check-Act" (PDCA) model to structure all SIAM activities
- Developing a SIAM roadmap
- Developing and implementing a services management system
- Recognising current capability in service integration and management
- Adopting a process approach for establishing, implementing, supporting, operating, monitoring, maintaining and improving an organisation's SIAM capability.
- Understand the governance, management and leadership needed to support SIAM
- Managing an organization's SIAM risks in the context of the organization’s overall business risks;
- Implementing performance monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the performance and effectiveness of SIAM
- Continually improve service integration and management, service delivery and customer expectations.