Guest Speaker Caroline Read PGCE, MA, SPLD AMBDA (Communicate-Ed.)
Will be speaking on the importance of 'Exam Access Arrangements and Accurate Assessment.' The conference will also include recent changes in JCQ regulations.
The course covers:
- Rationale for Access Arrangements
- Access Arrangements Online - how to apply and recent changes
- Types of Access Arrangement
- Recommendations for tests and assessments
- Roles, responsibilities & systems
- Completing Form 8
- Resources for screening
- Case studies
- Copies of 45 recommended tests will be available for examination at our face to face course
Caroline is a Specialist Teacher who has practical experience in all areas of the Access Arrangements process and trains for LAs, Universities and SEN Services. Caroline’s book ‘Assessment Guidance for Access Arrangements’ was published by GL Assessment, and she contributed to the PATOSS/JCQ publication ‘Dyslexia: Assessing the need for Access Arrangements’. Her work has also been published in academic journals, by the TES and the RNIB, and she has worked with various publishers to develop tests. She was part of the working party which set up ‘Access Arrangements Online’ and has been involved with other DfE and Ofqual training and policy projects.