Saturday, February 9, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
- Organic salad and Sendai miso soup
- Seasonal vegetable tempura
- Grilled Mary's Farm organic chicken
- Seasonal organic vegetables
- Dessert platter
- Complimentary glass of Sapporo beer for the kanpai!
- (vegetarian meal available)
- Onsite parking garage; 15 min drive from San Francisco (map)
- BART to 12th Street station (10 min ride from SF) and take free Broadway Shuttle from 11th/Broadway to Embarcadero stop
- Taxi stand at 13th Street/Broadway
- Amtrak to Oakland Jack London Square Station, walk 5 blocks
- Ferry from San Francisco/Alameda
- Click here for directions.
Yoshie Akiba, orphaned during World War II, came to the U.S. and opened Yoshi's Japanese Restaurant in 1972. Over the next 20 years, Yoshi's built itself into one of the world's most respected jazz venues. In 2006, Executive Chef Shotaro Kamio brought a whole new generation of modern Japanese cuisine to Yoshi's, which instantly put it on the map as a destination to dine in addition to the best place to hear great live music.
When & Where
The JET Alumni Association of Northern California (JETAANC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization consisting of former participants of the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program who now live in Northern California or Nevada. The all-volunteer organization serves as a network and resource for alumni, and provides assistance to the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco for a wide range of initiatives, including local U.S.-Japan exchange activities and recruitment and orientation for the JET Program.