Actions and Detail Panel
SHIFT Class - Module II – Business Model Canvas
Tue, Jun 6, 2017, 5:00 PM – Tue, Jun 27, 2017, 7:30 PM MDT
Have you discovered a scalable and profitable business model yet? If you understand who your customers are and what they want - now is the time to map out your business using the Business Model Canvas. The Hub of Human Innovation’s Business Model Canvas module is designed specifically for entrepreneurs who have an existing startup. The program works with participants to create an in-depth understanding of an innovative tool to uncover and validate your startup’s business model - the Business Model Canvas.
After this program, you will have a better understanding of what you need to do to make your company a success. You will have solidified the core of your business model – your customer segments and value proposition – and you will have sketched out the other components of distribution channels, key resources, key partners, key activities, cost structure and revenue model.
How does it work?
1. Develop a business model canvas for your startup.
2. Make assumptions about what needs to be true about your business model in order to succeed.
3. Design tests, collect data, talk to customers/partners/distribution channels to inform your decisions.
4. Interpret the results.
5. Update your business model canvas weekly based on what you have learned.
6. Present your findings and get critical feedback.
7. Repeat for the next session.
1. Intensive program with three 2-hour sessions.
2. Commit to participate in each class session and be ready to present.
3. Three one-on-one mentoring sessions.
4. Build the value proposition.
5. Define and canvas the business model.
6. Understand your key resources, key partners, key activities.
7. Map out a sales process.
8. Build the economic model and understand the financial metrics.
9. Identify and learn how to effectively communicate your business model.
Requirements and Process:
1. Have a startup project.
2. Fill out the application.
3. Pay the application fee - $75 individually, or $100 combined if you sign up for both Modules.
4. Purchase and Read the book: Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/book/order.
Apply ONLINE at https://hubep.incutrack.net/apply.cfm