Actions and Detail Panel
Shenandoah Valley Herbal Gathering
Sat, Jun 10, 2017, 9:30 PM – Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
Kindred plant folk ..come join us in celebrating the deep rooted wisdom of the plants and the joy of being in community. 24 herbal classes to choose from, botanical vendors, plant walks, kids offerings, live music and more !
We are thrilled to be hosting the 2nd Annual Shenandoah Valley Herbal Gathering. We are expanding to offer two full days of herbal classes this year (from newbie to seasoned herbalist), a camping option, locally grown / catered life giving food, a variety of local gem musicians, and an opportunity to get back to the heartbeat of the Earth with drum circle facilitator extraordinaire, Katy Gaughan !
Check out the fabulous class offerings we have so far ...
Wildcrafting Ethics. Natural Dyes. Chinese Medicine for Evicting Chronic Infections (Including Lyme Disease). Plant Communication. Intro To Ayurveda. Herbal Cold Infusions,. Cultivating and Harvesting the Reishi Mushroom. Protector Herbs. Top 5 Remedies for Healing Lyme disease. Herbal Alchemy and Creativity. A Date With Nature Plant Walk. Spiritual Bathing- don't forget your bathing suit .The Use of Cannabis as a Medicinal Herb: The Potential and the Pitfalls. Herbs for Stress Support: Nervines & Adaptogens. The Art & Practice of Vaginal Steaming.
Intro to Flower Essences. How can industrial hemp help establish a new bioeconomy in Appalachia? Crafting Pipe Tea. Ayurvedic Facials.
Kids Offerings- yoga, wonder walk, seed balls, and more ! Kids under 5 must be accompanied by parent at classes.
Important details to note: Event is rain or shine...we have big tents !!
- Saturday morning registration and vendor market begins at 9:30 am . Opening ceremony begins at 10:30 am.
Saturday Lunch is potluck. To honor people's many dietary preferences, please bring a dish to share and label it (meat, vegetarian, vegan, or glutten free). This is also a zero waste event, which means we will have a dish washing station set up.... so bring your own plate, cup and cutlery. Optional meal plans will be offered for remaining meals- click meal option on registration page. You must PRE- REGISTER to get meals !!! Vegetarian and vegan options...please specify.
- Over night tent camping is available and FREE Friday night and/or Saturday night .Other local options include Clarion Hotel , Quality Inn, Air B and B and Bed and Breakfasts.
Air B and B
Bed and Breakfasts
Whistling Wind Farm Bed and Breakfast
Thomas Shepherd Inn
- For those who wish to camp Friday night, check in is between 6-8 pm. You are on your own for dinner and breakfast. There are plenty of great local restaurants options, of varying price ranges, just 5 minutes from the land.
- Children under 12 come for free. We will have offerings for kids !! Please let us know the ages of your children when registering.
- Although we love dogs..please leave them at home.
*Limited work exchanges and student discounts available - inquire within.
What to bring: comfortable walking shoes, a sunhat, a flashlight, camping gear !