Shark Pitch Atlanta
Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
ATTENTION ALL ENTREPRENEURS:
This is a 'Must Attend Event'...
Whether you are attending to:
- Network with hundreds of other owners
- Meet potential Investors
- Locate multiple funding options
- 'Spotlight' your company in the Vendor Expo
- Get inspired by larger businesses
- Enter to win $10,000 for your business...
Shark Pitch is one of Atlanta’s most elite pitch events. This year Shark Pitch will feature two Sharks from ABC’s hit television show The Shark Tank ®.
On Saturday, October 12, 2013, at the Downtown Atlanta Marriott Marquis, six entrepreneurs will have the rare opportunity to pitch their business ideas to real sharks and investors. The best pitch will win a $10,000 business cash grant to establish or expand their business.
- Showcase Atlanta's and the State of Georgia's fund-raising ECO-System
- Identify the State’s top entrepreneurs in three growth categories. Pre-Revenue “Future Stars,” Revenue “Next Stars” plus, the “Next Georgia Success Story” later stage company
- Provide virtual and physical Exhibitor experience to “connect” Georgia’s best entrepreneurs to debt, crowdfunding and equity capital resources (angels and VC).
- Inform and update entrepreneurs at all growth stages on the latest funding trends, options and resources to help achieve their next funding event.
Shark Pitch Meet-Up and Funding Panel -August 29, 2013
- Will provide Entrepreneurs with the an update on the requirements to pitch, and schedule of events leading up to the Main Event. In addition, a panel of experts on funding will provide an update on the latest trends in debt, crowdfunding, Angel and VC Investment Capital. You will have an opportunity to ask questions, plus network before and after the event. The Event will begin at 6:00 and conclude at 7:30 pm. Networking will begin at 5:30.
- NEW LOCATION: City Club - Buckhead, 3343 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, 30326
- Cost: Free
Top Twenty Semi-Finalist Pitch - September 26, 2013
- Shark Pitch Top 20 Semi-Final Pitch Competition will feature the 20 Semi-Finalist "Pitching" to Georgia's leading ICON Sharks to determine the TOP Six (6) candidates to go forward to Pitch at the Main Event on October 12, 2013. The Event will begin at 6:00 and conclude at 8:00 pm. Networking will begin at 5:00.
- Location: OHUB - 200 Peachtree
Shark Pitch Main Event- October 12, 2013
- Six Best Entrepreneurs compete for the best of Show
A Chance to Pitch Sharks:
Georgia Entrepreneurs will have an opportunity to “pitch” to the Sharks by submitting their application (consisting of their Elevator Pitch, Executive Summary and 2 minute “Power Pitch” video) to one of Atlanta’s ECO system strategic partners. From there you will compete to be that organizations “best” in one of three categories (pre-rev, revenue and profit). The TOP 20 companies will “Pitch” for 3 minutes to Georgia’s best “Sharks” in the TOP 20 Semi-Finals (September 26). Six winners, selected by the Georgia Sharks and the Audience, will advance to Pitch for $10,000 in the Main Event on October 12h.
The deadline to have all executive summaries submitted is mid-night September 15th.
A Chance to Learn and Grow
Our Strategic Partner organizations, led by the Ritz Group, T.I.E, and T.A.G. Atlanta, have programs to help entrepreneurs navigate through the funding process. If they are not an ideal fit – they will advise and recommend alternative organizations within the Georgia ECO system to help you with pitch preparation.
The Shark Pitch Meet-Upon August 22, will provide a first hand opportunity to learn about all aspects of the Event, as well as feature a panel of experts to update you on what’s happening with the debt, crowdfunding and public and the private capital markets – federal and state-wide. You will leave this session up-to-date on the latest funding trends.
Top 20 Semi-Finals. Growing is achieved through learning by observing others. By observing the Top-20 companies “pitch” for 2 minutes with 3 minutes of questions by Georgia Sharks September 26 you will not only learn – but participate in selecting the winners.
The Main Event. Six of Georgia’s best Entrepreneurs will present – but the real goal is the discovery of far more. The discovery process begins when you connect with your strategic partner organization. In addition, all three of our events will provide a networking experience. To maximize your exposure and feedback, the Shark Pitch main event will provide both a virtual and physical booth to exhibit your company, “pitch,” show product and distribute investor materials. More importantly, your exposure continues before and after the event for 90 days with our Shark Pitch “Virtual” Expo. We want you to be discovered.
1. How do I enter the pitch competition? Purchase a ticket, fill in the question form, wait for response from us on submitting your 1 page executive summary.
2. Do I have to purchase a ticket to be in the pitch competition? Yes.
3. Do I have to be in the pitch competition if I purchase a ticket? No.
4. Are there any refunds for ticket purchases? No.
5. Can my purchased tichet be transfered to someone else if I can't attend? Yes, must be communicated to us 48 hours prior to event.
6. Are credit cards accepted? Yes, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc...
Please note - Shark Pitch, offer no guarantee to any entrepreneur/business owner that an angel investor, venture capitalist, banking partner or business professional (including Daymond John or Kevin Harrington) will invest in their business. In an effort to maximize credibility, the members of our panel are credible investors among other things.
Although we have guidelines that are in effect and we do everything possible to enable a successful evaluation, it is beyond the control of Shark Pitch, what happens once an actual entrepreneur/business owner engages our panel.
This event is for serious entrepreneurs. Your ticket purchase will be viewed as your commitment to attending the event. No refunds will be offered once purchase has been made.
Shark Pitch, LLC
931 Monroe Dr NE Ste A102, Atlanta, GA, USA