Sharing Excellence in Dance Management
Hosted by the Independent Theatre Council and Equity. Supported by One Dance UK
An open forum where managers, dancers and choreographers can discuss how we can ensure that the dance sector is diverse, flourishing and sustainable. Areas for discussion will include:-
• What are the special needs of the dance sector?
• How can we best ensure that the ITC/Equity Performers Agreement covers the needs of dancers and dance companies?
• What else can we do to encourage and support best practice in the sector?
• Do freelance dancers have a voice in the workplace?
This is an opportunity for you to share your experiences and suggestions. It is also a great chance for you to find out more about what ITC and Equity currently do for the sector and contribute ideas about what other kinds of support dance companies need.
- Hilary Hadley (Chair): Head of Live Performance, Equity
- Charlotte Jones: Chief Executive, the Independent Theatre Council
- Andrew Hurst: Chief Executive, One Dance UK
- Chris Scott: Freelance Dancer & Choreographer, previously at NDC Wales
- Jo Valentine: Programme Manager - Motionhouse & ITC Board Member.