This sign up is for VOLUNTEERING at SPSNYC 2015.
We have a few shifts available, please select the times you'd be able to help out.
- Evening Before 5-7pm (July 24th)
- Morning 7:30am - 10:30am (July 25th)
- Lunch 10:30am - 1:30pm (July 25th)
- Evening 1:30pm - 4:30pm (July 25th)
- Closing 4:30pm - 6pm (July 25th)
- Full Day (July 25th)
As a VOLUNTEER, you will be expected to work a 3 hour shift during the shift to which you are assigned unless you select Full Day. Also, you are expected to check in upon your arrival. Outside of your assigned shift, you are free to attend the event as an attendee.
Volunteering involves easy but important tasks like:
- Evening Before [help setup rooms by moving chairs / tables (they have wheels). Move around some small furniture items. Setup sponsor tables, move sponsor packages to tables. Unpack boxes]
- Registering attendees [hand out registration badges]
- Breakfast [help keep area clean]
- Information Desk [helping attendees find rooms, answer questions, collect feedback forms & raffle tickets]
- Lunch [Setup the box lunches, and drinks. Help keep people moving and restock the boxes. Tear down]
- General Help [monitoring room sizes, running errands, assisting speakers / microsoft staff]
- Closing [help put the building back to the way it was]
While every attempt will be made to accommodate your Requested Shift, we cannot guarantee placement, as there are a limited number of spots in each shift, and day-of changes may be necessary depending on actual volunteer turnout. If you are completely unable to volunteer outside of a specific timeframe, please make a note of that.
If you sign up as a VOLUNTEER, please do NOT register as an attendee. If you have already registered as an attendee and decided to volunteer, please cancel your attendee ticket upon receiving confirmation that you've successfully registered as a volunteer.
We need your help in order to make the event run smoothly!