Did you know that...
- 67% of job seekers say that diversity is an important factor when they evaluate companies*
- Gender diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform non-gender diverse companies, and ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform non-ethnically diverse companies.**
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has even proposed that women in STEM are pushed out of jobs due to bias, rather than pipeline issues or personal decisions.***
These stats can be disheartening for those of us who recognize that diversity and inclusion are real concerns, but don’t know where to begin.
We're offering a one-day training session made up of two 3-hour workshops that take place in a safe space with expert facilitators to help guide you through difficult conversations. You can choose to take both workshops together, or each separately. Please note that there is VERY limited seating in order to provide a more engaging and deeper experience.
Each workshop is designed to provide you with real, actionable takeaways and tangible insights that you will be able to immediately implement in your professional life.
Our workshops will:
- Help you become a better advocate for change
- Guide you in answering commonly asked questions around hiring for a diverse pipeline
- Provide you with the tools to keep the momentum going long after the workshop ends
Once you've completed the workshop, you'll be invited to the SGO Inclusion Workshops Slack channel with other previous participants of the workshop, where you'll be able to ask questions, get advice, and provide your insight on issues concerning diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What people are saying about the Recruiting Workshop
“I absolutely loved that I came away from this meeting with real tangible things I can do TODAY with regard to job descriptions and interview tactics. It was also helpful to remind myself that unconscious biases can often be incompatible with our values and that’s okay if we acknowledge and try to confront them.”
“Developing best practices for diversity and inclusion is a long and ongoing process, but SGO’s workshops helped me to have the language and space to ask questions and take a hard look at our current processes. I walked away with tools I could use immediately in writing job descriptions, conducting interviews, and looking at our internal culture with new perspective.”
What people are saying about the Retaining Workshop
“We were able to share real life stories and share ideas for how to work through them. This felt very actionable, and also drove home that these concepts can deeply affect people.”
ABOUT EACH WORKSHOP
Recruiting and Hiring Inclusively
Suggested Audience: Hiring managers, recruiters, human resources
A diverse workforce has significant business benefits, and we know recruiting and hiring with this mandate in mind is no simple task. We’ll discuss what diversity is and why it’s important. We’ll help you understand various biases that exist in us all, to better prepare you to make thoughtful and informed hiring decisions. Each attendee will walk away with a workbook filled with their own action plan as well as lists of resources on sourcing, interview tips, job description suggestions and more, all of which they can use immediately.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Setting the scene - unconscious bias and how it relates to hiring
- Writing effective and inclusive job descriptions
- Identifying resources and tools for sourcing diverse candidates
- Reviewing resumes & interviewing inclusively
Retaining Talent Through Inclusivity
Suggested Audience: People managers, human resources, directors
Hiring is only the first step along the pathway to a more diverse company. Creating and maintaining an inclusive corporate culture, one that is supportive of diversity, is key to achieving your internal goals and metrics. We’ll help managers understand the presence of bias in the workplace and offer concrete tools and action plans. Your employees will walk away with a deep understanding of how they can personally contribute to creating a supportive and inclusive culture that will make employees want to stay and grow within the company.
- Setting the scene – unconscious bas and how it relates to creating an inclusive culture
- Onboarding effectively
- Working 1 on 1
- Working in teams
- Creating an action plan for your team
Snacks and beverages will be provided!