It's a new year, so we're trying something new! We're doing a special event with Flywheel Sports and Sweetgreen to kick off the New Year right. Are you new to cycling or FLY? Are you nervous you're going to suck? Don't be. You're in a dark room and strapped in, so you're totally safe. It's also, like ALL SGO events, a no judgment zone!
Proceeds of the event go to our favorite geeky organization, Science Club for Girls!
Please note that this is a women-only event that intends an inclusive definition of women. We are welcoming and respectful of trans women and any others who identify as a woman in a way that is significant to them.
What makes Flywheel special and different from all other cycling studios? You can nerd out to numbers. They've got what they call a tech pack on your bike so you can see your speed and resistance and track it throughout the class. There IS a board for the top 10 riders, but you can choose to opt out of it so you can just see how you're doing privately.
So come, ESPECIALLY if you're new! You will love it. And if you have any questions, talk to Rachel, she will tell you how she went from hating cycling to loving to Fly!
And if that's not fun enough you're going to get a FREE SWEETGREEN SALAD after, just for participating. Yes, nosh on the best salads and warm bowls in town with your fellow SGO'ers. And if you think you don't like salads, you haven't had Sweetgreen yet. They will change you in all the best ways.
Please note that this is a non-company sponsored event, but it IS a charity ride and we'll be donating proceeds to our favorite nonprofit, Science Club for Girls!
- Arrive at the studio by 4:15 to get your bike all set up.
- The fun ride goes from 4:30-5:15
- 5:30 to the salads!
Finding the studio:
Google doesn't make this easy! The studio is located inside the Prudential Center, next to P.F. Chang's. In fact, if you use google maps to find it, you'll be better off searching for P.F. Chang's (we know, the irony is not lost on us!), which will have you at the right Prudential entrance. You'll have to go inside the Prudential as there's no outside entrance.
Things to know:
- Once you're signed up, if you're new to Flywheel, please head over to flywheelsports.com to sign up for a free account. We'll send out a reminder, but it will be so helpful if you do this when you sign up. It'll make signing into class super easy when you arrive!
- If you're new, you'll also be eligible to purchase your first class at $15 (half price) within 14 days of creating your account. So you can come back to try a regular class at that discounted rate!
- If you want to be near a friend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/29 and we'll do our best to work it out!
- Please arrive 15 minutes early if you're new, nice people will help you with bike set up!
- Bring a water bottle, gym pants/shorts and a comfy top and socks. The studio supplies you with clip in shoes and towels and there's a water fountain to get fresh water from.
- There are four showers there, so if you want to shower, no problem. They have all the shampoo and hair dryers and stuff. And yes, more towels!
- There are digital lockers where you can store stuff, no need to bring a lock.
- The staff and instructors are super nice and encouraging. No need to be intimidated! (Rachel, the woman who was traumatized by gym class in high school, is writing this)
- Refunds will only be made available ONE WEEK PRIOR to the event, not after! We want to be sure everyone's got their spots and are registered, so this will make things much easier.