SF IIA October 8th Luncheon: CAE Panel on Operational Audits
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
You are cordially invited to attend the
SF IIA October 2013 Chapter Meeting and Luncheon
Presenting a CAE panel discussion of
"Moving Beyond Finance and Compliance Risks: Adding Value via Operational Audits"
Generously sponsored by
Date and Location Details:
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
11:00am – 1:30pm (1)
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
$35 for members | $45 for non-members $15 for students
Register on-line at www.sfiiaoct2013lunch.eventbrite.com
** Advanced registration is recommended, although the SFIIA will do their best to accommodate those who pay at the door.
Earn 2 CPE Credits
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group-Live
(1) Registration from 11 to 11:30, Lunch from 11:30 to Noon, and Presentation from Noon to 1:30
The SF IIA chapter invites you to the next meeting, on Tuesday, October 8th. Join us for lunch and a discussion with a panel of Internal Audit executives regarding Operational Audits.
Adding Value Via Operational Audits
While financial and compliance/regulatory risks are often at the forefront of internal audit plans, greater focus and attention are being placed on operational risks. Internal Audit departments are able to set themselves apart and further drive value within their organizations by undertaking operational audits.
Join us for a panel of high-profile Internal Audit executives as they share:
- Those operational risks considered in their internal audit plans
- Approach to operational audits—e.g., more than SOX approach dressed up for operations
- Opportunities and challenges associated with evaluating operations risks
- Team and people considerations related to operational audits
The discussion will be moderated by Chris Cimino, Partner at KPMG, with an Internal Audit executive panel including:
- Kim Bollin, Vice President of Internal Audit, Salesforce.com
- Mark Watson, Senior Vice President & Director of Internal Audit, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco
- Jared Lauber, Director of Internal Audit, McKesson
Participants will receive an overview of operational risks faced by organizations, as well as recommendations on what management and Internal Audit departments should be considering in response to these risks. The perspectives of panelists will provide attendees with accounts of real steps taken to mitigate recent challenges.
The San Francisco Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219 – 2417. Web site: www.nasba.org