SF Beta is the Bay Area's premier startup mixer, bringing together technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors for more than 10 years.
Since the beginning of the technology revolution, Japan has played a breathtaking role in innovation and invention. We invite you to join us for a networking reception and interactive discussion focused on doing business between Silicon Valley and Japan.
PANEL DISCUSSION: "BUILDING BRIDGES BETWEEN JAPAN & SILICON VALLEY"
At this special event, we will host an open networking reception bringing the Japanese & Silicon Valley startup communities together, followed by a panel discussion including:
Kazsa Tamai, Writer, TechWatch (Moderator)
Yuriko Sawatani, Professor, Graduate School of Entrepreneurship, Tokyo University of Technology
Brandon Hill, Founder & CEO, btrax
Leo Shiraishi, Business Development, Digital Garage
Reiko Yamamoto, Co-Founder, Cyberhedz Media
The goal of the panel discussion is to provide insight on three categories:
• What is it like to be a startup in Japan right now? What are some of the biggest success stories? What is it like for companies getting started?
• What are the challenges that Japanese startups face in entering the US market?
• What can US-based startups do to engage and expand to Japan, and what are the challenges they should be aware of?
• Interactive panel discussion with special guests
• Networking with entrepreneurs, investors, and technologists
• Complimentary drinks (beer/wine/soda) and light snacks
6:00 - 7:30 PM: Registration & Check-in
7:30 - 8:30 PM: Panel Discussion
8:30 - 9:00 PM: Wrap-up & networking