Sexual Risk Avoidance (SRAS) Training
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A 2 Day Training Tuesday August 1, 2017 & Wednesday August 2, 2017 9am-5pm both days. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Once we recieve your registration, you will recieve a packet of pre-course reading materials.
SRAS certification offers educators the opportunity to distinguish themselves in their field, increase credibility and demonstrate a professional commitment to enhancing their teaching expertise by:
- Providing competency, knowledge and performance-based training
- Encouraging uniform levels of professional expertise in the SRA methodology
- Increasing the overall quality of school and comminity sex education
- Providing seasoned SRA educators with a ccontinuing educational opportunity that includes the most recent research, data and trends in sexual health
- Offering a quality professional development opprotunity to Title V and CAE grantees
- Granting the SRAS (Sexual Risk Avoidance Specialist) designation after one's name upon sucessful completion of the credentilaing requirement.
What Topics are covered in the training?
The credential Training covers a comprehensive list of topics relevant to the SRA field. Topics include:
- Defining the SRA approach
- The public health basis for SRA
- Thoretical frameworks that support SRA
- A historical overview of sex education content and policy in America
- The content and context of successful SRA programs
- Building parent-child connectedness]
- Understanding and implementing an evidence-based approach
- Sexual health data, research, trends with medical accuracy
- Understanding evaluation designs, implementation and outcomes
- Principles of effective public messaging