Actions and Detail Panel
Sewing 201: Totes & Cosmetic Bags
Sat, April 29, 2017, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM CDT
Want more ideas on how to use that Sewing Machine of yours? Well you have stepped into the right place! GOP Fashion Learning Center presents the Sewing 201 Series: These fun & interactive classes share with you how to sew home décor, Travel necessities, and other fun items, using comprehensible patterns (Beginner Level) with novelty printed cotton fabrics!
In this class, you will learn the following:
- Learn basic skills of pattern layouts, cutting & sewing instructions by using one of the following GOP Fashion Patterns for –
- A Tote.
- A Cosmetic Bag.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Threading, bobbin whining, sewing terminology, & different stitches or has attended GOP Fashion “Sewing 101: Introduction to your Machine” and/or “Sewing 101: Trouble Shooting and Special Seams”.
Specific Material List: Note: if you have not purchased a machine, you may rent one from GOP Fashions for $15 for the duration of the class; just give us a call for reservations (512) 428 – 5710.
- Sewing Machine (including any tools that come with your machine such as a small screw driver).
- Thread (preferably 2 colors: black & white).
- Bobbins for your Machine (bring at least 2 colors: black & white; pre-wound).
- Machine Needles.
- Sewing Machine Feet – (Note: if you are missing this Machine Foot, please call GOP Fashion Learning Center at (512) 428 – 5710 at least 1 day in advance to purchase them).
- Zigzag/Straight Stitch.
- Zipper Foot.
- Sewing Machine Toolbox –
- Hand Stitch Needles.
- Scissors for cutting fabric.
- Nippers for cutting threads.
- Seam ripper.
- Tape measure or ruler.
- Straight Pins (25).