Actions and Detail Panel
SET in the City - 2017 Pre-Registration
Sat, March 25, 2017, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
9th Annual SET in the City on March 25th, 2017
From 9:30 am - 5 pm
Note: Please do not register unless you can attend the event in its entirety. Students are not allowed to arrive late or leave early.
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING
In order to be confirmed for SET in the City these two steps must be completed:
- Pre-registration completed by student.
- Submission of signed waiver by parent or guardian
1) Pre-register on this site by purchasing a ticket. A valid credit card and an email address for your parent/guardian is required for pre-registration unless you are 18 years of age.
If you are unable to pay with a credit card or your parent/guardian does not have an email address, please send email to email@example.com for further assistance.
The registration fee is $25. Students eligible for SNAP, TAFDC, or MassHealth may register for $10. If choosing this option, click on 'Enter Promotional Code' when purchasing a ticket, then enter the code 'DISCOUNT' in the box, and click 'Apply Code.'
Students who select the discount option should email a photo that confirms their participation in one of the above programs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
2) Once you have pre-registered, your parent or guardian will receive an email with a waiver to sign electronically. Once we receive a signed waiver for you, you will receive an email confirming your participation.
Your registration will not be complete until we receive your signed waiver.
** Please note there is a limit of 10 students per school. If the limit for your school is reached, you can still register, but you will be placed on a waitlist and cleared if a spot opens up. If you are not cleared from the waitlist prior to the event, we will refund your registration fee.
The program begins at Boston University’s Photonics Center and ends at Biogen at 125 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142. Continental breakfast & lunch are included. Bus transportation between venues is also provided.
- Start the day with kickoff speakers and Science Bazaar
- Have lunch at Harvard, Emmanuel, Brandeis, Simmons or Biogen.
- Participate in hands-on science activities led by professionals
- Eat lunch and interact with women working in Science, Engineering & Technology fields
- Learn about careers in Science, Engineering & Technology fields
- Hear keynote address from Meena Subramanyam, VP at Biogen
- Listen to advice and ask questions from a panel of undergraduate and graduate STEM majors