Actions and Detail Panel
SES2017 Sports And Entertainment Industry Symposium
Fri, Apr 28, 2017, 8:00 AM
Friday, April 28, 2017 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The SES2017 SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY SYMPOSIUM: TICKETS ARE FOR BOTH DAYS
TOUCH ... HEAR ... FEEL ... SEE
The SES2017 Sports and Entertainment Industry Symposium will take place at Samford University Brock Forum 800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, Alabama, 35229
"It's All About Sports!!" - During Day One of SES2017, Sports Industry professionals will describe various aspects of Sports Mangagement and Sports Marketing. Attendees will also learn;
- How major television networks work with colleges and universities.
- The many opportunities that the sports industry affords to build valuable skills for a variety of careers.
- The occupations and career opportunities available as a member of the "Supporting Cast" in the sports industry, e.g., Sports Photographers/Photojournalists, Graphics and Print Professionals.
- How the world of corporate sponsorship meets the challenges that help advertisers to elevate their brands through valuable association with sporting events.
- Darla Hall, Owner - In the Sports Zone
- Shella Sylla, Director of Operations - SisterGolf
- Rob Evans, CEO - CSESports
- Dr. Darin White, Director of the Sports Marketing Program at Samford University
- Martin Newton, Director of Athletics at Samford University
- Tim Stephens, CEO - Tim Stephens Media LLC
- Sherry D. Hill, Professional Football Players Mothers Association
- Devin Aromashadu, Mortgage Banker and Former NFL Football Player
and many others...
April 28, 2017 - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
SES2017 Sports and Entertainment Industry Symposium presents NerdsVillage For Youth - Young people between the ages of 12-19 years of age, will take place at AWTC (AIDT) 3500 6th Ave South, Birmingham, Alabama 35222
The limit for attendees at AWTC (AIDT) is 60 Students
SPONSORED by INDIAN CREEK MANAGMENT/DARKNESS TO LIGHT FILMS
Welcome to "NerdsVillage" - Let our gifted and talented students show you what they can do! At Alabama Workforce Training Center, our youth will get to show off some of their skills in Robotics, Graphic Design, Coding, filmmaking and more. Youth in attendance will:
- Gain exposure to the behind the scenes secrets of how robotics and mechanical engineering are used in the film and entertainment industry.
- Learn why coding has become the norm in all industries--including sports and entertainment.
- How robotics are used in the film and television industry.
- Witness the genius of math and science "Whiz Kids" in action. Learning how their work applies in sports and entertainment.
- Be hands on and share experiences in graphic design, and spoken words. They will learn how much words really matter.
Rod Jones, AIDT Project Manager, will provide an overview of the operations of AWTC (AIDT), and how their facility helps companies in the Birmingham region in the area of workforce development.
April 29, 2017: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
SES2017 Sports and Entertainment Industry Symposium will be at The Sheraton Birmingham at THE FORUM THEATER #1 950 22nd Street Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Welcome To The Entertainment District! During this portion of the event, there will be Speakers and Panelists covering topics that run the gamut of Filmmaking and Stage Production, Stage and Set Design, Spoken Word, as well as Radio, Magazines, Books, Fashion, Traditional Media and Digital Media. SES2017 will also highlight Photojournalists, Industry Professionals and Athletes from the Sports Industry.
Topics where speakers will share their expertise include:
- How to break into the Sports and Entertainment Industry.
- The role of the Writer, Director and Producer of Stage Plays and Motion Pictures.
- Perspectives on sports and entertainment from several viewpoints,
- How to pursue opportunities in the Sports Industryi.
- The Business of the New Music Industry and Getting what you deserve as a Recording Artist or Performer
- A discussion of The Convergence of Traditional Media and New Media.
- Tahiera Monique Brown, Founder - SES Symposiums
- John Cook, Barons Ballpark
- Curtis Richardson, CJ Electrical
- Deon Gordon, REV Birmingham
- Anthony Grant, Performing Artist, Writer, Director, and Producer
- Trisha Mann-Grant, Author/Director/Producer/Actor
- Randy Turrow, Production Managter - Featurepro Productions
- Carlene Moore, Associate Producer - Featurepro Productions
- Chloe Collins, Executive Director - Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival
- Buddy Palmer, President and CEO - Create Birmingham
- Amy Lemley Bailey, Publisher - My Scoop Media
- Stephen Preston, CEO - Red Sky Studios
- Hank Erwin, Co-Owner of Premier Venture Travel and Former State Senator
- Stacy Merida, Treasurer - Women In Film and Television Nashville
- Stephonia Taylor McLinn, Photojournalist
- Edie Hand, Author, Speaker, Filmmaker and Founder of The Edie Hand Foundation
- James McMillan, Entertainment Attorney
- David Hammonds, Grammy Nominated Producer and Engineer
- Troy Vent, Owner 99.9 FM Da Plug
- Quincy ("Q Dot") Davis,
- Fernando Valentin, President and CEO - The Trinity Design Group
- Darla Hall, Owner - In The Sports Zone
- Shella Sylla, Director of Operations- SisterGolf
- Gary Burley, Executive Producer - What's Cooking In Sports and Former NFL Football Player
- Devin Aromashodu, Mortage Banker and Former NFL Football Player
- Darin W. White, Chair, Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing & Director of Sports Marketing at Samford University
- Roy Clem, Executive Director - Alabama Public Television
- Thomas ("Tom") Allen, Director of Operations and Content at WVTM-TV
and many others!
SES2017 Sports ans Entertainment Industry Symposium NerdsVillage for Youth will meet in Forum Theater #2 at The Sheraton Birmingham 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sponsorship Packages: For information about Sponsorship Packages for Students contact Tahiera Monique Brown at 205-218-7678 or email@example.com
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact Tahiera Monique Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-218-7678 tele
What's the refund policy?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?