Services for Children: How Exposure to Violence Impacts Children and How Advocates Can Provide Support
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The goals of this 4 hour Advanced Focus Training are - To provide trauma-informed, evidence-based tools for advocates to help: – Strengthen resilience and competence in children and parents – Children make positive contributions to their family or community
– Identify and nurture areas of competence, skill or talent
– Connect children with supportive adults/mentors.
Advocates can use the recommendations to assess areas in which they already excel, and determine areas in which they would like to further develop skills. Recommendations focus on interventions with a single child or family (as opposed to larger systems change). Each recommendation can be adapted to apply to other types of work with children.
Registration, Cancellation and Payment: Registration is required for the training.
• Register early! Training fills quickly and registration is handled on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited.
• Cancellations must be made at least one week prior.
• No refunds and registration fees are non-transferable to another training if participants do not cancel at least one week prior, per cancellation notice NO SHOWS will be charged a $50.00 fee.
For more information and/or to become a member please contact Admin Department at 602-279-2900 or email email@example.com
When & Where
Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
Since 1980, we've lead the anti-domestic violence movement in Arizona and provided key services aimed at eliminating abuse. In 2013, the coalition became the designated dual coalition in Arizona to address both sexual and domestic violence becoming the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence. Our mission is to end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people.