Are you part of a group (5-12 people) that is "itch'in to be involved" at AAF?
If so, please know that groups (such as school groups, scout groups, work groups or simply a group of like-minded friends) play a vital role in serving at AAF!
To learn more about bringing a service group to AAF, please read on...
Service groups are generally scheduled for Tuesday afternoons (4-5:30 pm OR Sundays NOON-1:30 pm) and are usually facilitated by other AAF volunteers. Service groups typically help with tasks such as:
- cleaning and tidying up the shelter
- socializing the cats and kittens
- walking dogs (individuals must be 15 years of age or older to walk a dog alone; individuals under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult)
(note: Have a more ambitious project in mind and think it might take longer than 90 minutes to accomplish? If so, please let us know. We welcome the opportunity to work with you on larger projects!).
If you and your group are ready to come to AAF on a Tuesday or Sunday, follow the instructions below to finalize up your plans:
- Pick a date that your group is available
- Note: AAF needs at least 48 hours advance notice
- Note: AAF can accomodate groups that are 5-12 individuals; if your group size is different than this, please contact us to make alternate arrangements
- Check to see if the date you have in mind works for AAF (note: go to the Eventbrite page: http://servicegroupataaf.eventbrite.com) and use the drop down menu at the top of the page to see the list of available dates. Once you've selected your date, click on the REGISTER button.
- Registering a group requires that one person from the group function as the coodinator. During the registration process, we'll need to get some information about the group (e.g., size of the group, age of participants, etc.) from the ccordinator.
- Once you've registered your group, a confirmation email will be sent to the coordinator.
- Change of plans?: Please let us know if your group won't be able to attend on the day you registered for. To cancel your registration, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "cancel service group registration" in the subject line. Cancelling your appointment as soon as you know the group will not be able to make it to AAF will allow us to schedule another service group and use our resources wisely.
- Change in numbers of volunteers? If the number of participants you'll actually be bringing to AAF changes (by say, more than 3 or 4 people), please notify AAF in advance. This will allow us to have an appropriate number of volunteers on hand for your group.
When & Where
Animal Adoption Foundation
2480 Ross Millville Rd
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill shelter for homeless dogs and cats. Our caring volunteers and generous donors help us provide a safe haven for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Thank you for your support!