There is nothing more basic and impactful than providing a meal to someone who needs it. Add to that the fact that the people we are serving at Urban Peak’s Drop-in Shelter are homeless youth. That makes for a pretty impactful event.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
For this volunteer event, we will prepare a hot, healthy breakfast for about 100 homeless youth. The food is provided, but we need your help to prepare and serve it.
- Be part of something fun, engaging and impactful.
- As a volunteer you’ll be supporting your community and improving your own health.
- Earn tons of good karma and do something impactful. Trust us, your friends will be jealous!
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable.
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn’t want that??
Does this event require special skills?
There are no specific skills needed for this event. But we should consider being awesome and wanting to volunteer a special skill.
Are there age requirements for volunteering?
For this event, all volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
What if I have a large group that wants to volunteer?
Due to the size of the kitchen at Urban Peak, we have to limit this event to 8 volunteers.
How do I sign up to volunteer with just a few friends?
Please have you friends complete the registration form above. We wold love to have them join us!
ALL THE DETAILS: Where to meet and park? What to wear and bring? What is the agenda for the day?
You can see all of the details by following this link: https://projecthelping.org/volunteer-urban-peak/. We’ll also send a reminder email and text before the event!
To make sure you get the emails, please add Project Helping (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts.