In this unprecedented event, you'll get access to eight Nitobi hackers for a seriously hardcore dive into mobile web development.
The training day starts with basic PhoneGap concepts and rapidly moves into frameworks including XUI, Lawnchair, Jo, Sencha Touch and jQuery Mobile. We’ll also look at additional tooling like Sleight, Weinre, QUnit, DominatorJS and ThumbsJS. Finally, we’ll dedicate an entire afternoon to PhoneGap internals and plugin authoring for all the major platforms.
The material covered in this full-day, in-person workshop is all previously unreleased and much of it is at the undocumented edges of the PhoneGap platform.
If you want to learn absolutely everything you need to start building cross-platform mobile apps, this class will arm you with the knowledge, code and contacts you'll need to do it.
Here's the day's agenda:
10:30 - 12:00 - Intro to PhoneGap concepts and build chain
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch and a beer
1:00 - 2:00 - iOS internals, plugin authoring
2:00 - 3:00 - Android internals, plugin authoring
3:00 - 3:30 - Coffee break
3:30 - 4:30 - BlackBerry internals plugin authoring
4:30 - 5:30 - Dark horses: webOS, Windows Phone 7
And Then, We Party
After training Nitobi will be hosting a party (with free beers, of course) at ApexBar. Check out the beer list: http://apexbar.com. It’s amazing.
Who Should Attend?
If you're a web developer, mobile developer, mobile designer or a project manager in charge of mobile development, then PhoneGap training is for you.
Get a head start by downloading mobile SDKs for each platform - SDKs and IDEs are cross-platform compatible, unless otherwise noted:
- iPhone: Xcode and the iPhone SDK. Mac only*
- Android: Android SDK (1.6 recommended) and the Java SE Development Kit. Highly recommended: the Eclipse IDE and the ADT Android Eclipse Plug-in.
- Blackberry: Requires Eclipse 3.4 or 3.41 for Windows (please ensure you download the correct version) and the Java Eclipse plug-ins, including Component Packs v4.6.1 and v4.7. The Blackberry development environment can be quite challenging to set up - please see our tutorial for assistance. Windows only*
- Symbian: You can develop PhoneGap apps for Symbian without any external software, using Nokia's Web Runtime (WRT). However, Aptana Studio and the Nokia WRT plug-in are recommended to ease development. Further information is available in our Symbian tutorial.
- Palm: VirtualBox and the webOS SDK.
The awesome dreamBOX room at the Jupiter Hotel in Portland, Oregon. The hotel is located at 800 East Burnside Street.
When & Where