Actions and Detail Panel
September 5 2017 Open House Day
Tue, September 5, 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt's Dyer Observatory including the Seyfert Telescope. Weather permitting, visitors will also venture outside to see the Star Chamber, sundial garden, and view the Sun through the solar telescope. This tour will feature information about the upcoming total solar eclipse which will pass over Nashville on August 21, 2017.
You may arrive and depart any time during the Open House, but guided tours start at approximately 9:00am, 10:00am, and 11:00am. You must make a FREE reservation online, but you may attend any tour. No tickets sold at door. All weather event. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- The Seyfert Telescope is located on the second floor of the observatory. There are twenty steps leading to the second floor.
- For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- Vehicles larger than a standard-size school bus will not fit through the gate.
- Please alert us if you are booking a large group that will be arriving at once (to allow for adequate staffing).
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- If your plans change and you can not attend, please let us know so we may release the space to someone else.
Address: 1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood TN 37027 (NOT the main Vanderbilt campus)
Time: You may arrive and depart any time between 9:00am - noon