Harmony Healthcare International (HHI)
Certified Harmony Healthcare Rehabilitation Professional
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Speaker: Elisa Bovee, MS OTR/L, CHHRP-QT is Senior Vice President of Operations for Harmony Healthcare International, a nationally recognized, premier Healthcare Consulting firm specializing in C.A.R.E. (Compliance, Audits and Analysis, Reimbursement and Regulatory, Education and Efficiency). In her role, Elisa manages a team of HealthCARE Specialists who have extensive knowledge in the areas of Corporate Compliance, MDS 3.0, RUG-IV, Documentation, Therapy Program development and state-specific Medicaid Case Mix. Elisa has been working in the post-acute care industry for over 20 years, practicing and providing consulting services related to therapy services and Medicare regulations and guidelines.
Financial Disclosure: The speaker is employed by Harmony Healthcare International
Non Financial Disclosure: The speaker does not have any non financial relationships or conflicts of interest to disclose.
A Certified Harmony Healthcare Rehab Professional is a polished clinician possessing the complement of hands-on expertise and intimate knowledge of the Medicare and Medicaid regulations. The CHHRP credentialing heightens clinical expertise and inherent reimbursement related implications that facilitate bridging interdisciplinary gaps, and result in the provision of ultimate patient care and top revenue results. This program has been updated to include proactive management for FY2018 and expected Proposed Rule (Regulatory) changes.
Rehabilitation Directors and Managers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, PPS MDS Coordinators, Nursing Staff and Nursing Management providing care in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) setting.
- The learner will be able to identify Medicare Part A Coverage Criteria for accurate reimbursement and enhancement of skilled services.
- The learner will be able to state Medicare Part B Coverage Criteria for therapy program development in a SNF.
- The learner will be able to recite accurate completion of MDS Sections related to therapy.
- The learner will be able to discuss the Medicare/PPS and OBRA MDS Completion timing requirements.
- The learner will be able to state documentation requirements for Medicare Part A and B therapy services to secure revenue upon audit.
- The learner will be able to apply Rehab Case Management Strategies in the SNF for Medicare and Medicare Case Mix.
- The learner will be able to list clinical programs to develop that will benefit the SNF population.
- The learner will be able to provide examples of clinical techniques for management of non- traditional rehab patients.
- The leaner will be able to explain RUG leveling for PPS and Medicaid Case Mix in relation to the MDS.
- The learner will be able to participate in practical application of revenue enhancement strategies for the SNF.
- The learner will be able to identify strategies to ensure long-term care regulatory requirements are met.
- The learner will be able to identify current trends in denials for Skilled Medicare Part A Medicare coverage.
This program will enable healthcare providers to provide quality healthcare through an interdisciplinary team approach applying intensive clinically-founded training techniques and applications geared specifically toward the SNF patient supporting the regulatory requirements and reimbursement in a SNF setting.
- Medicare Part A SNF Coverage Criteria
- Medicare Part A PPS Reimbursement
- Discharge Planning / Preventing Rehospitalizations
- Medicare Part B Requirements and Reimbursement
- MDS Coding for the Therapy Professional
- Long-Term Care Survey Therapy Considerations
- Medicare Therapy Documentation in a SNF
¨ Identification of Deficits
¨ Goal Writing
¨ Evidence of Progress
¨ Documenting Medical Necessity
- Management of Non-Traditional Therapy Patients
- Medicare Part B Program Development
- RUG-IV Intimacy
- Therapy Revenue Enhancements Secrets to Success
- Preventing Medical Reviews/Denials Management
- MDS for Medicaid Case Mix
Registration: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Program: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Each day includes two 15 minute breaks and one half-hour lunch
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT/ CONTACT HOURS
Contact Mary Moser, Director of Education for further information at 1.800.530.4413.
Administrators: This educational offering is pending review by the National Continuing Education Review Serivce (NCERS) of the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators (NAB) for 18 Clock Hours and 18 participant Hours.
Registered Nurses: Harmony University is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Association Massachusetts, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Harmony Healthcare is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. This course is offered for 1.8 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA. AOTA Educational level beginner, Category 3: Professional issues. Awarding of CEU’s is dependent on full course attendance, post test and course evaluation completion.
Physical Therapists (State Specific): Washington: This program meets the criteria stipulated in the section on Continuing Competency in WAC 246-915-085 of The Law Relating to Physical Therapy, 18.74 RCW. Pennslyvania: This program is pending review from the State Board of Physical Therapy. New York: This course (CHHRP-LTC, course # 13-4-3) has been approved by New York Physical Therapy Association (NYPTA). Georgia: This course is approved by the Physical Therapy Association of Georgia.
APTA* State Specific: Please call to verify
This Course is offered for 1.8 ASHA CEUs
(Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENT HARMONY CLIENTS GET A DISCOUNTED RATE OF $750. On the Order Page, please click " Enter Promotional Code" and type "HARMONYCLIENT" FOR THIS RATE *** You must be a current client in good standing to receive this rate. All discounts will be validated and any unauthorized discounts will not be honored.
Have questions about Sept. 13-15, 2016: CHHRP-LTC (Certified Harmony Healthcare Rehab Professional) Honey Brook, PA?
Contact Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI)