Actions and Detail Panel
Sensitive Spirit, Delicate Digestion
Fri, May 26, 2017, 7:00 PM – Sun, May 28, 2017, 5:00 PM BST
Do You Have A Sensitive Spirit or Delicate Digestion?
- Have you been called a ‘canary in a coal mine’, always noticing signs, feeling symptoms, reacting to foods, or being affected by everything before anyone else?
- Are you exhausted and depleted much of the time, as if nothing you do to support your health helps you to feel better for long?
- Do you seem to pick up other people’s moods, energy, and emotions?
- Have you been told that you are “too sensitive”, “too reactive”, or “it’s all in your head”?
- Have you spent years developing your spiritual practice, but your body just doesn't seem to cooperate?
- Or, have you taken good care of yourself but still feel disconnected from life, purpose, and meaning?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, then this workshop is for you!
It is through our bodies that the physical world joins with the spiritual, the outside becomes the inside, and the inside becomes the outside. How you digest your food has much to do with how you digest your life, how you ignite your personal fire, and how you feel your own hunger and desire.
Many of us find that we are "twice gifted" with both spiritual acuity and an equally sensitive digestive system that often seems to have a mind of its own. The two are intimately connected to our overall health! How you digest your food has much to do with how you digest your life experience, ignite your personal fire, and feel your own hunger and desire.
Your “sensitivity” is how your innate awareness and your body’s wisdom talk to you. In this weekend workshop intensive, you will learn to decipher your “body language” of signs and symptoms; experience how your body guides you toward recognizing connectedness; and ultimately how to Become the Expert of You.
This introduction to Zenshin Method offers a whole-person approach to integrating nutritional foundations, physical movements, heart-centering practices, deep relaxation, awareness, balance, and the essence of what you are.
This intensive, experiential workshop will guide you through:
- A foundation of essential nutritional science
- Basic physiology of key digestive functions
- Daily habits and practices to support and restore balance and lasting health
- Basic understanding of your own bio-individual needs
- Physical movements, stillness, and breathwork that integrate body, heart and mind
- Practices to connect our embodied sacredness with the sacredness of our world and all that is
- Cancellations made more than 30 days before Event are eligible for a full refund, less a £20 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days but more than 2 weeks before Event are eligible for a 50% refund, less a £20 processing fee.
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks before Event are NOT eligible for a refund.
- Walk-up registrations are welcome the first day of the Event (cash only) but are not eligible for a refund.
About Your Presenters
Masami Covey, MS, NTP, E-RYT-500
Masami is an experienced somatic practitioner who has trained extensively in yoga therapy, Ayurveda, breathwork, energy healing modalities, and nutritional therapy for 20 years. After experiencing a complete physical breakdown that resulted in a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis, and being injured in a severe car accident, she realized that nutrition was the missing element in reversing her diagnosis and supporting long-lasting health. Nutrition and heavy metal detox are central to Masami’s work.
Chris Covey, MA, NTP
Chris is a practicing clinical Nutritional Therapist, certified Hair Tissue Mineral Analyst, Zenshin Practitioner, Guide in the Open Path Trainings, educator, writer, and poet. His interest in bridging body and spirit is the direct outcome of deep personal experiences that have brought him from physical illness, weight gain, and depression, back to lasting health. His professional background includes K-12 education, school administration, international nonprofit program development, and psychology.