Ever wonder about the products that drive major media companies like Condé Nast (The New Yorker, Vogue, Pitchfork, WIRED), iHeartMedia (iHeartRadio), and WebMD? Join us for a session with Ryan Harper, a Senior Product Manager at Condé Nast Entertainment, who has also worked as a product manager at iHeartRadio and WebMD.
He knows what it takes to build twenty-first century media products and how to get your foot in the door. Ryan will discuss the elements that make up a product manager’s ideal skill set. You’ll also get the inside scoop on the day-to-day work of a PM, the challenges of the job, and personal insights from Ryan’s experience.
- Promote agile thinking both organizationally and in product development. The media space is changing quickly, and adaptability is paramount.
- Empathy and storytelling should be at the core of your team’s product decision-making, especially when your user is also your audience.
- Think compositionally — any feature you build needs to fit within the larger narrative of the product.
- Never stop learning. The more informed you are, the better product manager you’ll be.
- 6:30 - 6:45: Meet & Greet
- 6:45 - 7:45: Presentation and talk
- 7:45 - 8:00: Q & A
*Snacks and refreshments will be provided
Previously, Ryan was a product manager at iHeartMedia where he led releases of the iHeartRadio Android app as well as cross-platform initiatives involving recommendations, search, and social media. Earlier in his career, he co-founded the music distribution startup newquill, Inc. and developed iOS and Android apps for DirecTV, LACMA, and WebMD. Outside of work, Ryan leads the technology initiatives of Kettle Corn New Music and is an active composer.
Save This Event
When & Where
Product School is an education company that offers product management training in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, New York, Santa Monica and Los Angeles.
Our instructors are professionals with over 5 years of real-world product management experience working at renowned tech Companies like Google and LinkedIn, and other technology startups. Our students are professionals with over 3 years of experience in technology, business or design roles.
All our classes are compatible with a regular work schedule and our campuses are conveniently located in each city where we operate.
This is not your traditional lecture class. Expect a healthy mix of group work, one-on-ones with