SEND A MESSAGE: Free Oshan Benefit
Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Monday, September 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
FUNDRAISER All proceeds from this benefit evening of music, dance, and DJs will go for legal appeal expenses of Om Shan Tea Teahouse founder Oshan Anand, sentenced to more than 12 years in federal prison on charges of selling psychedelics.
COMMUNITY GATHERING AND PUBLIC FORUM End the drug wars and stop the targeting of creative art and music festivals! Following an open reception, noted producers, activists and drug policy experts will lead a panel discussion and forum on ways the transformational festival community can act to bring about change, stop wasting tax dollars, free Oshan and all others unjustly imprisoned.
- Flash Hopkins, Legendary Character (27 times to Burning Man!)
- Alexis Wilson Briggs, Attorney, Pier 5 Law Offices
- Laura Thomas, Deputy State Director, Drug Policy Alliance
- Justin Talbot, Bay Area Chapter, DanceSafe
• RECEPTION with activists and performers/ 6 pm
• COMMUNITY FORUM and panel/ 7:30 pm
• SEND A MESSAGE music, dance and DJs/ 9 pm
Om Shan Tea teahouse chill zone
Sponsored by Anon Events & the Fussonian Institute.
“If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.” - (attributed to Emma Goldman)