Empowering Youth as a Voice to Address Violence in Their Communities
- Northeastern University Faculty Club, Boston MA
As a complement to our bi-monthly panel discussions, Sport in Society will also be hosting a series of webinars on NonProfit Management, led by the dynamic Rick Arrowood, faculty member in Northeastern’s Master of Science in Leadership and Master of Science in Nonprofit Management program.
Although these will be published as webinars, we are seeking to record his presentation in front of a live audience. Rick will teach these 90 minute workshops to an audience of sport-based youth development staffers; this could be you, or someone else from your organization that you believe would benefit from the live experience! These sessions will be recorded, and then published as webinars on the professional development section of our website. We are seeking you (or your staff’s) participation in the live portion, so that you/they can benefit from learning and asking questions in real time, with face-to-face contact, in a small classroom setting.
Topics to be covered in "Understanding Human Resources Management and Employment Law":
Northeastern University’s Center for the Study of Sport in Society uses sport as a platform to make the world a better place. The Center has four areas of focus, which includes the following:
1. Facilitating training in our world renowned social justice education programs; MVP, which focuses on preventing gender-based violence, and ProjectTeamwork, a diversity and inclusion program.
2. Serving as a global resource for sport-based youth development organizations through academic credentialing and professional development.
3. Tackling the issue of social injustice at its core by providing access to higher education by creating local, national and global partnerships for degree completion.
4. Engaging the community through education, training, service and sport to promote positive cultural change.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.