Seminar: BIM Essentials with ArchiCAD
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM (CST)
Join us for a casual evening as we gather to present an entry-level overview of the building information modeling (BIM) process with ArchiCAD. Ransom Ratcliff, GRAPHISOFT BIM Consultant, will show you the ArchiCAD user interface as he demonstrates the steps necessary to design and document a small project. At the end of the session, you will understand how to use ArchiCAD to design a simple building and make changes in both 2D and 3D.
Attend this Seminar and:
- Get familiar with the ArchiCAD user interface: intelligent cursor, menus, palettes and toolbars
- Learn primary modeling techniques for walls, slabs, roofs, windows, doors and objects
- See how to add detail to the model and use dimensioning
- Learn how construction documents are automatically created from the model
- Take a look at Project Navigator, Map and Layout Book
- Get an introduction to BIMx Docs
- Enjoy networking and refreshments
About Our Presenter
Ransom Ratcliff works for GRAPHISOFT as a BIM Consultant and trainer. Between 2007 and 2012, he was a BIM Manager at HDR in Atlanta Georgia and Bethesda Maryland. As a global resource for HDR, his technical expertise and 17 years of Virtual Building experience was leveraged as an internal consultant on issues ranging from initial contract negotiation to cross-office collaboration and BIM workflow development. More than half of Ransom's responsibilities were billable to BIM projects that range from 100,000 to 1 million square feet.
He is an Autodesk Certified Professional on Revit Architecture 2014 and a GRAPHIOSFT Registered Consultant who has used ArchiCAD since 1995.