Selling Your Soft Skill Strengths Workshop
Use Your Soft Skills to Help You Get and Keep Your Next Job.
“Soft skills are increasingly becoming the hard skills of today’s work force. It’s just not enough to be highly trained in technical skills, without developing the softer, interpersonal and relationship building skills …”
MindTools®, “Why Soft Skills Matter: Making Sure Your Hard Skills Shine”, 2016
In this workshop you’ll learn and discuss key soft skills, your soft skill strengths, and how to make the most of them in your job search. Discussion will focus on effective strategies for:
- Placing yourself in the role / mindset of the employer hiring manager and understanding their unique needs and challenges
- Highlighting your soft skills as an essential part of your strengths, capabilities, and skills
- Getting out of your “comfort zone” to “Match Needs Now!”
- “Situational” networking
- How to answer the almost certain interview question “Tell me about yourself?”
You will see the importance of exhibiting your soft skills and connecting them to your job search plan and job search activities such as:
- Resume building
- Job search related correspondence
This is an interactive workshop led by career coach Dan Murphy, with experience in several professional positions across a variety of employer types.
Save This Event
When & Where
PA CareerLink - Chester County
A cooperative program where job seekers and employers share in a wide array of employment and training related services and programs.