San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SELLING AUDIT IDEAS:
Surfacing Issues, Identifying the Real Causes,
and Getting Managers to Act
John J. Hall, CPA
DATE: January 10, 2017
TIME: 8:30am – 4:30pm
LOCATION: Northwest Natural (NWN)
220 NW Second Avenue
Portland, OR 97209
COURSE CONTENT & LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
This “how-to” course for auditing professionals helps participants be more effective in surfacing hidden issues and getting corrective action. Topics covered include:
- Developing and reporting ideas that sell: how to communicate ideas that generate action
- Six essential behavior skills every auditor must master
- Creating a partnership of high-impact cooperation on every audit project
- Surfacing important issues during planning
- The role of testing, data mining and other traditional techniques in finding issues
- Using interviews and dialogue to get to the root cause of issues
- Getting people to open up and talk about what’s really important
- Using “Purpose” and “How do you know?” as a drivers of better performance
- 10 real reasons controls break down – and what to do about them
- Awareness of the “Intervention Moment”
- Why people resist change – and how to help them feel (and look!) good by taking action
- Attributes of High Impact Findings
- Anticipating and deflecting opposition to audit ideas
- Moving your own performance from “Good to Great”
This seminar ultimately teaches participants how to enhance the likelihood that the real cause of issues is identified – while dramatically increasing the probability that the management team will take corrective action.
John Hall, CPA is the founder and President of Hall Consulting, Inc. and author of The Anti-Fraud Toolkit and award-winning book “Do What You Can! Simple Steps – Extraordinary Results.” John specializes in skills training programs and conference presentations for CPAs, management groups, government and internal auditors, and professional associations. He also coaches business and audit professionals in how increase their effectiveness, clarify and meet their business and personal goals, and move their careers forward.
Mr. Hall has 40 years of experience as a consultant, speaker, auditor and business owner. He has worked in senior leadership positions in large corporations and international public accounting firms. He is a member of the National Speakers Association, the American Institute of CPAs, and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
John is a Certified Board Advisor and Managing Director of the Center for Strategic Business Integrity (www.CenterSBI.com)
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE 8 CPE CREDITS.
Institute of Internal Auditors - Portland Chapter Refund Policy: To limit losses on IIA events, any cancellation notice received less than 10 business days in advance of an event will be charged the full price for the event. It is acceptable to have a substitute attend the event on behalf of the registered person. Refunds requested prior to the 10 day deadline will be refunded, minus the processing fees charged to the IIA by Eventbrite. Cancellation and refunds should be requested of Eventbrite.