Actions and Detail Panel
Self-Suspension Open Space
Sat, April 1, 2017, 1:15 PM – 6:00 PM PDT
Come hang from the rafters at beautiful & bright Little Boxes Theatre, surrounded by other self-suspension aficionados! This is an Open Space style event for us to share knowledge, spot for each other, and socialize! If you have basic rope skills and an interest in self-suspension, we'd love to see you there :-).
No tickets will be sold at the door, and space is limited to 30 people to ensure that everyone gets lots of "air time." If you'd like to bring a non-suspending spotter, that's totally fine and you don't need to buy two tickets :-)
- 1:15 - 2pm - Doors open for arrival (doors will NOT remain open during the event, so please arrive during this window)
- 2 - 2:15pm - Introductions, orientation to Openspace model, sessions scheduled (and feel free to start stringing yourself up!)
- 2:15 - 5pm - Peer led "unconference" sessions
- 5 - 6pm - Free play/"lab time"
- *Allergy warning- this space has cats!*
- Feel free to bring food- snacks to share are especially appreciated!
- Bringing a water bottle is recommended :-)
- Parking is plentiful, safe, and free.
- With a nod to Graydancer/Ropecraft, we have a “responsible adult photography policy” for this event.
- At least 20 suspension points will be set up.
- Please bring a yoga mat (if you have one) and your rope kit!
- All carabiners/hardware should be appropriately rated, and rope for main support lines should provide a breaking strength of at least 10x the suspended person’s weight in it's final configuration. Most natural fiber rope (aside from perhaps 8mm hemp) does not meet this requirement. I highly recommend 6mm POSH for support lines.
Note that this is NOT a structured self-suspension 101 class- if you've never self-suspended but are interested in learning more, you are welcome to come, socialize, and practice along with floor work, but please don't expect that you'll be formally taught all the skills to put yourself in the air.