Self-Empowerment Workshop, Especially for Singles
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Cultural messages suggest that we’ll be happier, healthier, and wealthier if only we could find that "special someone." These messages lead us to downplay the importance of our other relationships. Putting all of our energy into one relationship can leave that relationship strained by overly high expectations. It can also leave us rather lonely and isolated, especially if this coupled relationship ends. And it can leave us feeling like second-class citizens if we remain single. This workshop is designed to empower people to look beyond pervasive cultural messages that tell us that the only way to complete our happiness is through a romantic coupled relationship. It helps us learn to enrich our lives through cultivating all of our relationships, thus increasing resilience by deepening our friendships with compassion and raised awareness. In this 2-hour workshop, we will:
- Take a closer look at the cultural messages around coupling and singlehood,
- Learn about two newly researched stereotypes: Singlism and couplemania, and
- Practice powerful tools to counteract those stereotypes by separating our needs from our strategies.
Participants will leave this workshop with:
- Renewed confidence to create happiness in their lives,
- The courage to design relationships as diverse as they are,
- Greater awareness of cultural messages that contribute to distress, and
- More compassion in their life directed toward self and others.
About Rachel Buddeberg
Rachel A. Buddeberg is an empowerment coach who helps people design a life they love. She has been designing lives since 2007, starting with her own. She is particularly interested in helping people find meaning in their lives without any need for a higher power. She combines compassionate communication (NVC), philosophy, social psychology, and interpersonal neurobiology to guide people to heal life-alienating cultural messages that can get in the way of living the lives we want. To find out more about her work, please check out www.yourlifeisagarden.com.
Refund Policy: If you cannot attend, please email us at least 1 day before the scheduled class. No refunds will be given if we have less than a 24 hour notice.
When & Where
Impact Hub Workbench
Phone: Berkeley: 510-649-7700 San Francisco: 415-624-5881