Have an Idea for a Business – Now what? Social enterprises use business models and tools to achieve social and environmental impact. During this workshop, we will get to the root of the social problem you seek to change and the enterprise activity that would give rise to that change. You will leave the workshop with a framework to test your assumptions about the problem, and your proposed solution.
Silvia Dorado is associate professor of management at the University of Rhode Island, United States. She is also a board member of DePaul Industries; a social enterprise devoted to generate employment for individuals with disabilities. In her research, Dr. Dorado has explored topics around the creation of social value within markets as well as the origin, management, and challenges of social enterprises. She has published on these topics in some of the top journals in management including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business Venturing, Non-profit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, and Organization Studies. Dr, Dorado received her M.A. from MIT and her Ph.D from McGill University.
SEG 101 Workshops: Building Blocks for Social Entrepreneurs
The SEG 101 Workshop series helps motivated, coachable entrepreneurs turn ideas into action! SEG 101 Workshops provide entrepreneurs the practical knowledge and skills to plan and launch businesses that do well and do good.
Build business skills in our monthly SEG 101 Workshops:
- January 17, 2017: Social Entrepreneurship: How your business can do well by doing good
- February 21, 2017: Business Planning: How to create a social enterprise plan
- March 14, 2017: Marketing Basics: Who are your customers and how do you capture them?
- April 18, 2017: Finance: Build and manage your dollars and cents
- May 16, 2017: Operations: How to execute on your social enterprise plan
- June 13, 2017: Fundraising and Development: How to find the funding and resources you need to get started
$100 six-session package
Scholarships are available for committed entrepreneurs who want to complete all six 101 workshops.