Security Risk Analysis Workshop
Are you aware that the HIPAA Security Rule requires practices to complete a yearly Security Risk Analysis? Now that Phase Two of OCR’s HIPAA Audit Program has kicked into high gear practices need to be prepared if selected for a desk audit, as covered entities will only be given 10 days to provide OCR with documentation of compliance with the Privacy Rule, Breach Notification Rule, and the Security Rule.
A Risk Assessment will help your practice identify areas where protected health information (PHI) may be at risk. Completing a Risk Assessment helps your practice ensure compliance with HIPAA’s administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of electronic protected health information. Work with us to understand what your organization must do to meet the requirements of the Security Risk Analysis, and how to take the first steps toward protecting patient data.
In this workshop, you will:
- Have a better understanding about the HIPAA rules, and what will be expected of organizations to meet the requirements of the Security Risk Assessment.
- Receive a Security Risk Analysis tool and work with our staff to start identifying your organizational gaps related to EHR privacy and security of patient data.
- Receive a complete set of security policy and procedure templates easily customizable for your organization.
- Develop an action plan for next steps.
Who will benefit from this service?
- Organizations who want to take first steps toward their security risk analysis.
- Organizations who have taken the first steps, but have not fully completed their security risk analysis.
- Organizations who have completed their risk analysis, but have not yet implemented the safeguards to protect against potential risks.
What: AeHN Security Risk Analysis Workshop
Where: Alaska eHealth Network Offices 4000 Old Seward Hwy. Suite 203 Anchorage, AK 99503
Workshop capacity: Maximum of 8 participants.
Who to send: Person(s) responsible for Privacy & Security of PHI, Employee Training and Awareness, IS equipment, inventory and maintenance.
What to bring: Laptop or notebook with Excel 2007 or later, If you do not have a laptop or Excel 2007 or later please let AeHN know and we will provide that technology for you.
Lunch: We will only have a 30 min break for lunch, participants are encouraged to bring a sack lunch with them, refrigeration and microwave will be available.
If your organization is a participant of AeHN's Health Information Exchange or
would like to become one, Please contact us at info@ak-eHealth.org
or call 907-770-2626 to receive your discount code for $250 off the cost of the