This event, scheduled for Thursday, October 10, 1-2:20 (location: Keating Basement Lounge), constitutes part II of our TF/TA/GTA training (required for all new graduate student instructors) but is also open to all graduate students who may have questions regarding safety, security, and their rights and responsibilities under various university policies.
What they will learn:
- As students, what their rights under university and /or federal policies on matters such as sexual harassment, non-discrimination, affirmative action, Title IX, etc. are.
- As instructors in undergraduate classrooms, what their responsibilities (including reporting responsibilities) are with regard to these same policies and laws.
- What services we offer for students who have concerns related to these laws and policies.
- What to do in the event of a violent incident on campus.
- What to do in the event of a major fire or other catastrophic event on campus.
- Q&A about these and related issues.
Our presenters are:
Anastasia Coleman, Director of Institutional Equity and Compliance
John Carroll, Associate Vice President for Safety and Security
Have questions about Security Issues in the Classroom?
Contact Graduate School of Arts and Sciences