Security B-Sides Los Angeles
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM - Friday, August 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
The goal of BSidesLA is to mash up the local Southern California security community with the best open thinkers from around the world in the famous SecurityBSides open, interactive and community oriented format. This is a collaborative event - for all of us, by all of us. The only thing we ask of you is to participate. Come and talk, speak up, ask questions and participate throughout the event. It is a time for all of us to learn, share and explore without judgment, and to inspire those around us.
Thursday and Friday during the day there will be a selection of semi-scheduled talks at Dockweiler Youth Center.
Thursday Night After Party on the Beach! We will have food, drink, and fire pits!
When & Where
Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members. The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. It creates opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next-big-thing are happening.
Big thank you to all the organizers who make this year even better! Many will be returning this year, and we encourage anyone else who would like to come out and help us make 2013 even better!
- Daniel Blander - That Gnarly Dude who sleeps on the beach
- Yenny Yi - The Surfer who is always hanging ten!
- Josh Chin - Keeps his motherboard waxed and ready
- Dave Wettenstein - Draws his own stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Joe Luna - Wears the Sunglasses at Night at the Sunset Grill
- Joe Rozner - Collects sand and c-shells to share
- Sean McAllister - War Drives a convertible with spinners
- Terry Gold - The guy who bites sharks back without falling off his board