Second Chance Summit: San Francisco - Working to expand employment opportunities for people with criminal backgrounds.
The Second Chance Summit is an opportunity for business, nonprofit and government leaders to explore opportunities and resources for employing people with criminal backgrounds. The Summit will feature compelling speakers, content-rich panel discussions, and ample networking opportunities.
Co-hosted by Dave’s Killer Bread Foundation, #cut50, and REDF and sponsored in part by the Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County and GoodHire, the Summit is designed for business leaders and human resources professionals to discover the enormous untapped potential of this part of our workforce.
Join us for a packed agenda:
- Morning Remarks: George Gascon - District Attorney, San Francisco
- Keynote: Van Jones - President of The Dream Corps, Co-founder of #cut50
- Second Chance Employee Panel
- Second Chance Employer Panel
- Gaining Leadership Buy-In - Gain tips for discussing Second Chance employment with business owners, executives and board members to build valuable leadership support
- Employer Insights for Nonprofits - A rare opportunity for nonprofits to hear directly from employers about their needs and expectations for Second Chance candidates, and for engaging well with the private sector
- Debunking the Myths - Legal and insurance professionals will address the common misconceptions about employing and insuring people with criminal backgrounds in a variety of industries
- Building Your Talent Pipeline - Learn how some nontraditional channels for recruiting job candidates can yield outstanding talent, and how to find these channels in your area
- Best Hiring Practices - Plain and Simple. How to successfully interview, assess, and select the very best Second Chance candidates for your company
- Good to Great Employees Through Engagement - Build a more motivated and loyal workforce - Learn how even simple offerings to support employees can yield great benefits
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our work and our last summit in New York, NY at www.dkbfoundation.org