co-presented by ABC Home & SIYLI
Please join the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) in Manhattan for two days of personal and professional development focused on building healthy mental habits for sustained high performance and wellbeing. Developed at Google and based on the latest in neuroscience research, the Search Inside Yourself (SIY) program teaches attention and mindfulness training that build the core emotional intelligence skills needed for effective leadership.
We help professionals at all levels adapt, management teams evolve and leaders optimize their impact and influence.
Give us your attention for a few days, and we’ll show you how to focus it for the rest of your life.
The SIY curriculum includes:
- Emotional Intelligence
Everyone has the capacity to develop and increase wellbeing because wellbeing is a skill, and all skills are trainable.
The highly interactive and experiential program includes the following core components:
- Overview of the neuroscience of emotion, perception and behavior change
- Definition of emotional intelligence and its personal and professional benefits
- Attention training to enable greater emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-mastery, motivation and connection with self and others
- Principles and practices for developing healthy mental habits that accelerate wellbeing, including effective listening, generosity, empathy, communication and social skills
- Mindfulness and reflection practices that support happiness, thriving and overall wellbeing
- Exercises include attention training practice, dyad conversations, writing, walking and group conversations
Whether you are coming for personal or professional development or to check out the SIY program for your organization, you will learn foundational skills to:
- Enhance mental fitness and clarityDevelop agile and adaptive mindsets
- Reduce stress responses
- Increase resilience
- Improve access to creativity
- Develop greater self awareness
- Enhance emotion regulation
- Improve communication skills
- Develop better decision-making skills
- Develop greater emotional intelligence
- Experience greater overall wellbeing, thrive!
- The program begins at 9am and ends at 5:30pm both days.
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Please apply here.
Laure, founder of PurposeBlue, shares her energy and compassion to inspire, teach, advise and coach internationally. With 25 years as a leadership executive and organization change consultant, she is uniquely adept at tapping into what’s needed to awaken individuals and transform organizational culture. As a former leader in Accenture’s Change and Human Performance practice, Laurie has served Fortune 100 companies globally, living in Germany, the U.S. and Brazil.
Currently a senior fellow with the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being at George Mason University, Laurie translates neuroscience and the wisdom of mindfulness into workplace strategies that create clarity and momentum. Laurie is a certified executive coach with the International Coach Federation, received the Five Mindfulness Trainings from Thich Nhat Hanh and is a frequent speaker and retreat leader. Laurie also teaches Mindful Leadership at Maryland's Smith School of Business and is a lead teacher and mentor with SIYLI, speaking and teaching in Europe, India and the U.S.
Laurie is the author of “Approaches to Mindful Strategic Change” in the book The Neuroscience of Learning and Development and is featured in National Geographic’s book 100 Ways to Be Happy.
Peter is a social entrepreneur, learning designer and longtime practitioner of mindfulness and tai chi. Motivated by passions for learning, mindfulness and innovation, he has founded and worked at multiple socially minded startups. He has also taught and spoken about mindfulness at businesses, schools, nonprofits and for TEDx.