Scratch Educator Meetup
Held every second Saturday of the month
October 13, November 10, December 8, January 12, February 9, March 9, April 13, May 11
MIT Media Lab
Hosted by the ScratchEd Team
Want to learn more about Scratch?
Want to meet other Scratch educators and share ideas?
Join us at MIT Media Lab for a three-hour BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) meetup for Scratch educators, where we will:
- share strategies for integrating Scratch into classroom practice
- explore the core ideas underlying Scratch
- self-organize into different interest groups and hands-on activities
- introduce you to ScratchEd, the website where educators share their Scratch ideas, experiences, and resources
The meetup is open to all Boston-area educators with some previous Scratch experience. This meetup is for you if you can answer yes to one of the following:
- I know how to snap Scratch blocks together
- I have created a project in Scratch
- I use Scratch in my teaching practice
- I have attended a previous Scratch meetup or workshop
Scratch Educator Meetups are held every second Saturday of the month during the 2012-2013 school year. Join us once a year or once a month! The workshop is free, includes lunch, and may count towards PDP hours. We particularly encourage educators from the same school, program, etc. to attend together as a group.
Want to know what happens at meetups? Check out our reflections on ScratchEd, which include recaps, photos, and videos from past meetups.
Meet up with us!