Scotch Demystified--EVENT CANCELED
Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
A Tasting Tour of the 6 Whisky Regions of Scotland
Scotch whisky is a mysterious and elusive spirit. If you've always been interested in Scotch but didn't know where to start, this is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge.
Mark Stewart Cassidy, Scotch Specialist at The Whisky Shop in San Francisco and Scotch Whisky Events, will guide the group in a tasting of six single malt Scotch whiskies.
This 2-hr course introduces you to six distilleries, one from each of the tasting regions in Scotland, and answers these questions and more about single malt Scotch whisky:
- Why do single malts differ in taste and color?
- Why does some Scotch whisky taste smoky?
- Is older, more expensive whisky better?
- What is “peat”?
- Is it “ok” to put ice in my whisky?
- Where is the “Whisky Trail”?
- Why does water intensify the whisky flavor?
- How long can single malts be stored?
- What does "cask-strength" mean?
Number of bottles to be tasted: 6
Location: The Tasting Room @ The Whisky Shop
360 Sutter Street – between Stockton & Grant Streets
Price per person: $75.00pp
Included: Light hors d’oeuvres paired to the tasting menu
(Please advise of any food allergies. We recommend eating dinner before or after the tasting.)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essentials of how to taste and evaluate Scotch whisky
- The inside scoop on the six distilleries and regions you’ll be sampling
- The process of creating single malt Scotch whisky
- What you liked!
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE AWAY
- Tasting menu with: distillery, region, age, price and nose, palate and finish tasting notes and the menu served which is paired to the tasting
- A “wee” bottle to conduct your own tasting
- Reservations are final and non-refundable upon processing your credit card
- Should The Distilled Man or Scotch Whisky Events have to cancel – please select either a full refund or re-schedule to attend a future tasting.
When & Where
The Distilled Man
Turning guys into gentlemen
The Distilled Man is a San Francisco specialty school that offers classes in essential “man skills”, like grilling, cocktails and poker.
Some people have called us a finishing school for the modern man. Others call us a center for the gentlemanly arts. However you say it, our mission is pretty simple: to help guys become better guys.
For more information, visit our website at www.thedistilledman.com.