SCNY ED Group Program May 14th
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM (EDT)
Johnson City, NY
Tuesday, May 14th
8:30-9:30am: Presentation by the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) An overview of Southern Tier East and the Appalachian program, project funding cycle, application materials and Q&A period relating to specific proposals or concepts.
9:30-10:00 am: Business Meeting - Program Planning & Steering Committee Membership
Date: Tuesday, May 14th
Time: 8:30-10:00 am
Cost: FREE to nonprofit directors
Family Enrichment Network
Conference Room (Second Floor)
24 Cherry Street
Johnson City, NY
Additional Information About the ARC:
The ARC has funded a wide range of projects including infrastructure assistance to municipalities and distance/telelearning to school districts and medical facilities. It has assisted not-for-profits in beginning or expanding daycare and educational improvement. Here are some recent grants made to not-for profits:
- Central New York Area Health Education for a refresher course to facilitate the return to the workforce of RNs who need updated skills after a break from employment
- Margaretville-Arkville Project to launch WIOX, an FM radio station in the Catskill region supporting community and economic development and emergency services
- Center for Agricultural Entrepreneurship to provide technical assistance for small farmers in order to identify new markets and to provide business development assistance to New Americans who want to farm in the region
- Bassett Healthcare to improve diabetes and weight loss management in medically underserved areas
- The ReUse Center to offer workforce training in building deconstruction ultimately diverting the salvaged materials from the landfill and reselling them in a retail store.
When & Where
New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
Founded in 1927, NYCON is a 501(C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of diverse charitable nonprofit organizations. With over 3,000 members, we work to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service. Our mission-based activities are enhanced by two subsidiary corporations: Innovative Charitable Initiatives, Inc., and Council Services Plus.