San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This Course is For: Molding Technicians & Set-up Personnel, Process & Tooling Engineers, Production Supervisors, Manufacturing and Process Engineering Supervisors and other personnel desiring to learn Scientific Molding Principles and how to properly setup an injection molding machine while correlating classroom theory with hands-on machine time.
Class Duration: 5 Days - 2.5 Days Machine Time and 2.5 Days Lecture/Classroom.
Optional: 6th Day for attendees who desire Formal Certification.
Cost to Attend: $2695.00
- Basic Understanding of Overall Injection Molding Process & Terminology
- Hands-on Experience in Operating and Troubleshooting Injection Molding Machines.
Course Summary: Scientific Molder 1 is a one week training program for molders with existing experience who wish to learn Scientific Molding from the Plastics Point of View and apply this knowledge using screw position switchover processing techniques. The class involves
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals
- The Injection Molding Machine
- Machine Operating Controls
- Polymeric Flow Behavior
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Mold Fundamentals
- Hands-on Implementation of Screw Position Switchover Techniques via Scientific Molding.
- Establishing Universal Processing Parameters: How to run same process worldwide.
- Introduction to In Mold Instrumentation
- Calculations to convert Machine Parameters to Plastic Parameters
- Estimating Clamp Tonnage
- Sizing Injection Units
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
Voids Sinks Flash Shorts
Weldlines Splay Jetting Burn Marks Warpage
Save This Event
When & Where
Mr. Umberto Catignani is President of Orbital Plastics Consulting, Inc., Past President of the Southern Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE). Mr. Catignani is also Co-founder of the Paulson School of Molding (PSM) and served as the principal instructor from 2004- 2010. Mr. Catignani is a past instructor for SPI Learning Network, Master Molder 1 & 2 Certified with past work experience at IBM, GM, Delphi and Husky. With over 19 years of hands-on injection molding experience he also holds a MS in Polymer Engineering from The University of Akron and a BS in Materials Engineering from the University of Cincinnati