San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This Course is For: Molding Technicians & Set-up Personnel, Process & Tooling Engineers, Production Supervisors, Manufacturing and Process Engineering Supervisors and other personnel desiring to learn Scientific Molding Principles and how to properly setup an injection molding machine while correlating classroom theory with hands-on machine time.
Class Duration: 5 Days - 2.5 Days Machine Time and 2.5 Days Lecture/Classroom.
Optional: 6th Day for attendees who desire Formal Certification.
Cost to Attend: $2695.00
- Basic Understanding of Overall Injection Molding Process & Terminology
- Hands-on Experience in Operating and Troubleshooting Injection Molding Machines.
Course Summary: Scientific Molder 1 is a one week training program for molders with existing experience who wish to learn Scientific Molding from the Plastics Point of View and apply this knowledge using screw position switchover processing techniques. The class involves
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals
- The Injection Molding Machine
- Machine Operating Controls
- Polymeric Flow Behavior
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Mold Fundamentals
- Hands-on Implementation of Screw Position Switchover Techniques via Scientific Molding.
- Establishing Universal Processing Parameters: How to run same process worldwide.
- Introduction to In Mold Instrumentation
- Calculations to convert Machine Parameters to Plastic Parameters
- Estimating Clamp Tonnage
- Sizing Injection Units
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
Voids Sinks Flash Shorts
Weldlines Splay Jetting Burn Marks Warpage
When & Where
• President of Orbital Plastics Consulting, Inc.
• Over 21 Years of Injection Molding Experience
• Installed & Debugged Over 100 Injection Molding
Machines and Over 500 Molds
• Proficient with Engel, Husky, Krauss-Maffei, Arburg, Battenfeld, Sumitomo, Nissei, Van Dorn, DeMag, Toshiba, Mitsubishi and Toyo machines and controllers
• Partner and Co-founder of the Paulson School of Molding
• Principal Instructor for Paulson School of Molding Certification
Program - ProMolder I, II & III
• RJG Master Molder I & II Certified & Systematic Molding I
• Intimate knowledge of Priamus, Kistler & RJG (CP & CT Sensors)
• Conducted numerous webinars on Injection Molding Processing via IDES
• Past Instructor for SPI Learning Network
• Past employers: IBM, GM, Delphi, Husky, Steel Profitability Consulting
• Past President of Southern Section of SPE (Society of Plastics
• Past member of the Plastics Technology Advisory Board for
West Georgia Technical College
• The University of Akron, MS - Polymer Engineering, Summa cum Laude
• University of Cincinnati, BS - Materials Engineering, Magna cum Laude