EVENT OF THE YEAR - FIRST TIME IN NEW YORK!
SEAS: Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis Level 1 With Michele Romano - the Italian National Rehabilitation Director of ISICO ( Italian Scientific Spinal Institute) - Milan
Practical training for treating patients with scoliosis for Physical Therapists and Orthopedists
Friday, January 27th - Sunday, January 29th, 2017 Hosted by: SchrothNYC.com and Hunter College, New York, USA
- Understand background of SEAS(Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis) approach and the underlying scientific principles.
- How to perform the clinical and postural evaluation of the scoliosis patient.
- Understand what is three-dimensional self-correction, and the step-by-step approach to teach individualized self-correction to the patient.
- Learn how self-correction is performed for different type of deformities: thoracic, thoracolumbar, lumbar, double curve, hyperkyphosis; correlation with the radiographic and postural evaluation, as well as on observed asymmetries.
- Learn how to manage the cognitive-behavioral approach to patient and family
- Understand the role of exercises with in the SEAS approach, and the criteria used to choose them for an individualized treatment plan.
- Goals of exercises in the different treatment phases: no brace, brace, adult
PROGRAM:FRIDAY JANUARY 27, 2017
Review of scoliosis pathomechanics
Assessment - theory and hands-on practice
SATURDAY, JANUARY 28, 2017
Active Self-Correction - theory and hands-on practice
Scoliosis manager - internet application
Exercises - theory and hands-on practice
Sunday, JANUARY 29, 2017
Active Self-Correction and exercises
Theory and hands-on practice
Clinical practical with patients
PRICE: $700 per personearly registration prior to November 1st, 2016; $750 after November 1st, 2016