Working with the Stress of School Leadership
An Introduction to Mindfulness for Principals, Assistant Principals and School Administrators.
Never has it been more challenging to be a school leader. According to the most recent (2013) Met Life Survey:
- 75% of principals feel the job has become too complex
- 69% say the job responsibilities are very different from just five years ago
- 48% report being under great stress
- Job satisfaction declined 9 percentage points in just 4 years – 2009 to 2013
Your time with the course facilitators will:
- Introduce you to the principles and practices of mindfulness.
- Lay the foundation for building the relational trust with your staff that leads to improved learning and achievement for all students.
- Make connections between mindfulness and equity work.
- Support you in reconnecting to the values and purposes that motivated you to become a school leader.
- Engage you in dialogues with like-minded colleagues and strengthen your networks of support.
- Allow you to disconnect from digital tools and reconnect to self, purpose, nature and the power of community.
This course is only for school building leaders.
Thursday, January 26, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Friday, January 27, 8:00am – 8:30pm
Saturday, January 28, 8:00am – 12:00pm
(Subsidized by funds from the APS Healthy Schools Initiative)
Save This Event
When & Where