Working with the Stress of School Leadership
An Introduction to Mindfulness for Principals and Assistant Principals
Never has it been more challenging to be a school leader.
According to the most recent (2013) Met Life Survey:
- 75% of principals feel the job has become too complex
- 69% say the job responsibilities are very different from just five years ago
- 48% report being under great stress
- Job satisfaction declined 9 percentage points in just 4 years – 2009 to 2013
Your time with the course facilitators will:
- Introduce you to the principles and practices of mindfulness.
- Lay the foundation for building the relational trust with your staff that leads to improved learning and achievement for all students.
- Make connections between mindfulness and equity work.
- Support you in reconnecting to the values and purposes that motivated you to become a school leader.
- Engage you in dialogues with like-minded colleagues and strengthen your networks of support.
- Allow you to disconnect from digital tools and reconnect to self, purpose, nature and the power of community.
Thursday, October 13, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Friday, October 14, 8:00am – 8:30pm
Saturday, October 15, 8:00am – 12:15pm
Deposit to secure spot: $175
Course Fee: $700 (Lodging and Meals included)
Employees of the school districts listed below may use the specific discount codes to access subsidies offered by their school districts and sponsoring organizations.Discount Code:
Aurora Public Schools –APS-FR16
(Subsidized by funds from the school district)
When & Where