San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SCA Annual 5k & Kids Fun Run 2017
Please join us for Shrewsbury Christian Academy's Annual 5k and Kids Fun Run!!
Dedicated to the memory of Shawn Madden. Shawn was co-owner of Gold's gym in Shrewsbury. He was a sponsor of our race and his support was instrumental in making our first race a tremendous success. He hoped that the school's success with the 5k would grow every year.
When: Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 5k begins at 9 a.m.
- Kids Fun Run at 10 a.m.
Download the flyer and registration form and share these with friends & family! This is a community event open to everyone. We will have child & family friendly activities as well as a variety of local businesses & vendors present.
Where: We will begin and end at the track on the top level of Miller Park in Shrewsbury, PA (see map below; driving directions are at the bottom of this page). Miller Family Memorial Park is a newly developed county park which is located behind the Shrewsbury YMCA and beside the Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village.
This is the approximate route for the 2017 5K.
SCA's Annual 5K & Kids Fun Run is sponsored in part by Gold's Gym of Shrewsbury.
If your business is interested in being a sponsor for our 2017 Annual 5K and Kids Fun Run or if you are interested in playing a specific role in helping with the race, please contact the Shrewsbury Christian Academy office by calling (717) 235-5763.
5K & Kids Fun Run Registration
To preregister, you can register here on EventBrite or visit http://www.scaonline.org/run.html
Same day registration is available at the Miller Park field at 8 AM on Sat, May 20, 2017
5K Registration Fee
- Preregistration: $30/5K adult and kids age 11 and up; includes t-shirt (Mailed-in registrations must be postmarked by May 10)
- Pregistration: $25/5K kids age 10 and under; includes t-shirt
- Same day registration: $35/5K adult and kids age 11 and up (t-shirt not guaranteed)
- Same day registration: $30 /5k - kids age 10 and under (t-shirt not guaranteed)
- Registration is NON REFUNDABLE
Kids Fun Run Registration Fee
- $15/child; includes child size t-shirt
Race Packet Pick-Up
- Friday, May 19: Race packet pick up will start at 12:00pm. at Gold's Gym in Shrewsbury and end at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Race packet pick up will start at 8:00 a.m. on race day at Miller Park, upper field.
Questions & Answers
- Do we have to run if we participate in the 5K or can we just walk the 5K?
- We welcome both runners and walkers to take part in the 5K!
- How long is the Kids Fun Run?
- The Kids Fun Run is 1 mile around the track at Miller Family Memorial Park.
- Where do we park?
- There is limited parking within Miller Family Memorial Park's parking lot; those participating in the 5K & Kids Fun Run may need to park along the street of Miller Park Dr and adjacent Fairview Court.
- I can't find Miller Family Memorial Park on Google Maps or with my vehicle's GPS
- Google Maps incorrectly labels Miller Park Dr as Fairview Court. Many vehicle GPS units may not have Miller Family Memorial Park listed yet. For GPS purposes, we recommend entering the YMCA address which is 100 Constitution Ave, Shrewsbury, PA 17361. Miller Park Drive is then the first road on the left heading west past the YMCA on North Constitution Avenue. Miller Park Drive leads directly to the entrance of Miller Family Memorial Park.
Driving directions to Miller Family Memorial Park
- I-83 to Exit 4 Shrewsbury in southern York county, PA (Route 851).
- At the end of the Exit Ramp, Turn West onto Route 851 (Forrest Avenue).
- Proceed into Shrewsbury 0.5 miles to the square (third Traffic light).
- Turn Left (South) onto Main Street (a.k.a., Susquehanna Trail).
- Proceed on South Main Street 1.2 miles to Constitution Avenue (traffic signal just past Pizza Hut).
- Turn Right (West) onto Constitution Avenue and proceed approximately 0.25 miles towards New Freedom.
- Turn Left onto Miller Park Drive (just past the Y) into the park entrance just past the Post Office and YMCA.