Students age 10 and up. Prior experience with our other camp topics (or similar camps) is encouraged for students younger than 12. Campers should have sufficient maturity to tackle and stick with challenging projects requiring intermediate expertise in text-based coding.
Tackle specialized or advanced projects in a small-group setting, similar to a graduate seminar.
Please visit our web site for more information about this promising new offering!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I learn more?
- Visit our web site, here: http://www.learningtech.org/workshops/
- Send us email, here: email@example.com
- Call us, at: 650-598-0105
- What is the refund policy?
- Cancellations up to 2 weeks before first session: 90% of amount paid
- After that, 50% of the pro rata amount for the remaining sessions
- What discounts are available?
- Various discounts are available for the main camp activities, including Early Birds, Siblings, Multiple Weeks, and Maker Faire Visitors. We also have a referral program. Please check our web site for details.
- Discounts are not applicable to early droppoff or late pickup
- How do referrals work?
If you refer another family, and they mention you in their answer to the question, "How did you hear about us?", we will pay you a referral fee equal to 5% of the camp fees paid by that family, not including extended care.
- Are any scholarships available?
Some scholarships are available, based on financial need (eligibility for free/reduced student lunch). Please contact us to confirm eligibility and availability.
- Are there any other costs?
Most routine costs are covered, including modest amounts of materials. However, some activities -- such as making more elaborate items to keep -- could incur costs for microprocessor boards, larger quantities of consumables, and so on. Such costs require reimbursement at actual expense, but would be discussed in advance with individual families.
- What happens if this gets cancelled?
This offering requires a minimum of 6 paid participants in a given week. If the minimum is not met, participants will be notified and full refunds will be provided.
- What is the maximum enrollment?
Max 12 enrollments in a given week for this topic. Classes approaching the maximum are generally assigned a second instructor as well as experienced interns serving as instructional aides.
- If my child misses a day, can I get a pro rata refund?
No. Managing this becomes far too complicated. Sorry!
- If my child misses a day, will they fall hopelessly behind?
No. We work with every student to ensure that they are enjoying the work and making good progress. Work is largely self-paced.
- Are students from other schools welcome?
All activities associated with this Summer Camp program are open to the public.
- Are there ID, minimum age, or other requirements to enter the event?
Students should be at least 9 years old. No prior experience is required. Older, more advanced students will be able to use more of the tools and tackle more challenging projects.
- What are my transportation/parking options?
Parking is limited. Observe signage for parent dropoff. Arroyo School is a new SCSD school adjacent to Central Middle School. It is a 17 minute walk from San Carlos CalTrain station.
- What should I bring?
Campers should bring a bottle of water, snacks, and (for full-day campers), a sack lunch. For the safety of other campers, please do not bring nuts of any kind (not even PB&J sandwiches).
- May I pay by check? I don't feel comfortable using PayPal/credit/debit cards online.
Yes. Click on Show other payment options when you go to register. However, your seat is not guaranteed until your check has been received.
- When will you offer a camp in my town?
Learningtech.org offers programs from time to time in a variety of locations around the SF Bay Area, and sometimes in other locations such as Southern California. Watch our web site and join our mailing list to stay in touch! Please also feel free to send us email -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- to suggest a location where you would like to help us establish a new camp. Sometimes we may be able to recommend a camp run by a respected colleague near your location.