San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SC Mission 2014 Midlands is Friday, August 8 - Saturday, August 9 at the SC State Fairgrounds in Columbia, South Carolina. Services will be provided Friday, August 8 from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 9 from 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Please note that this registration is for those wanting to register as clinical volunteers only. This includes nurses (RN’s and LPN’s only), physician extenders, advanced practitioners, optometric physicians, paraoptometrics, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns, EKG technicians and radiology technicians.
General volunteer registration will open early July at www.uway.org/volunteer.
Expectations for SC Mission 2014 Volunteers
SC Mission 2014 Midlands is a free healthcare event Friday, August 8 - Saturday, August 9 at the SC State Fairgrounds for people living in the Midlands. Its mission is twofold:
1) Address the immediate needs of individuals
2) Help place these individuals in a medical home to receive regular care
This event is for the community to provide services for the under-served and uninsured. Services include free medical, eye care and pharmacy services. Services are open to anyone 17 years old and older. This event is not for children.
The event will be coordinated and run solely by volunteers. Over 500 volunteers will be needed for the two-day event. Please consider donating your time and talents to this meaningful mission by volunteering.
There are certain expectations of all SC Mission 2014 Midlands volunteers.
- All expectations will be covered in a required online orientation before the event. Someone from SC Mission 2014 Midlands will email you to information about the required online orientation.
- Please be aware of the physical demands of volunteers. Breaks will be provided for all volunteers.
- All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver before volunteering. All clinical care that is provided without compensation is covered in Section 38-79-30 of our State Laws, only gross negligence can be considered for tort.
- T-shirts, meals, snacks and drinks will be provided to all volunteers.
- By registering to volunteer, you are agreeing to have your name in printed documentation pertaining to the event.
If you have questions or concerns before registering to volunteer at SC Mission 2014 Midlands, please contact:
Nurses: Kristen Dickens (Kristen.Dickens@PalmettoHealth.org)
Optometrists: Jackie Rivers (email@example.com)
Physicians, Physician Extenders, PAs: Kristen Dickens (Kristen.Dickens@PalmettoHealth.org)
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: Jennifer Bair (Jennifer.Bair@PalmettoHealth.org)