SC Children's Foundation "Getting to the Core"
Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Understanding the Common Core State Standards
- Unpacking the Standards in ELA and Mathematics
- Special Education Instruction in Common Core
- Creating Effective Learning Environments
- Teacher Leadership in Common Core Implementation
- Preparing Students for College and Career Transition
Keynote Speaker: Frank Desensi
Founder and CEO of Educational Directions provides training programs to groups of educators, school leaders, and administrators aimed at improving the performance of students within a given school district, county, or state.
"Test scores cannot be used as the only indicator of a student's performance. Scores are a data point, not a decision point. We must dig deeper to determine what is wrong with the student work and why it breaks down. This causal analysis helps us enable each child maximize his or her potential. We must address the root causes of poor performance. This is accomplished by focusing more on student work and less on test scores without context."
The fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, and materials.
Participants can earn 5 hours CEU credit