Santee State Park Off-Road Triathlon
Saturday February 26, 2011
Santee State Park
Santee State Park
Santee, SC 29142
The Santee State Park Off Road Triathlon will be held in beautiful Santee State Park on February 26, 2011. This endurance event is a great way to welcome spring and kick off the 2011 racing season! This off-road triathlon will consist of a 3 mile trail run, followed by a 3 mile kayak on pristine Lake Marion. The final leg will be a 8.1mile mountain bike on some of the smoothest and best kept trails South Carolina has to offer. These distances are subject to change, but will not vary drastically from what is listed.
- 3 mile trail run
- 3 mile kayak (1 lap paddle)
- 8.1 mile mountain bike
Event I: Trail Run
The run course takes place on hard-packed double track woodland trails.
- You must wear the race number that is provided in “front.”
- Aid stations will be located throughout the course. Water will be provided.
- No headphones, radios, etc.
- This will be a mass start.
Event II: Paddle
The kayak course is set on the open water of Lake Marion and should provide an ideal arena for strong paddlers.
- Approved PFD’s must be worn at all times when participants are in their kayak.
- Kayak positioning along the lake will be first come first serve.
- If a participant has a support person they may have assistance launching and docking their kayak. There will also be volunteers to provide support for participants.
- This is a 2x lap paddle for Endurance racers and 1x lap paddle for Sprint racers. Buoys will mark the course.
- If you need assistance from a race official, blow a whistle, wave your hand or wave your paddle overhead.
- Kayak rental is available (see below), but reservations must be made prior to race day
Event III: Bike Course
The mountain bike course traverses a fast 3 ½ miles of the running trail before turning into the woods for a tough finish on challenging single-track.
- Approved Hard Shell Helmets must be worn and fastened before leaving the Transition Area.
- Stay to right to allow faster cyclist to pass on the left.
- If you suffer a valid repair problem with your bike, you can finish the course on foot, with or without bike. Use caution.
Results from 2011
Results from 2010
Epic Kayaks and Nature Adventures Outfitters will rent kayaks for the event. All outfitters will bring the kayaks to the race site for you, but they will need your reservation in advance of race day (payment is due with reservation). Don’t wait until the last minute! Also, a reminder that an approved
personal flotation device will be required of all participants. Be
certain that you have one for the race. Paddles are not always included with kayak rentals, so make sure you rent one or have one.
We recommend Epic Kayaks for the more competitive paddlers.
Epic Kayaks (843)884-4601
We recommend Nature Adventures Outfittters for a variety of kayaks to suit paddlers of different skill levels, beginner to intermediate.
Nature Adventures (800)673-0679
If you are interested in purchasing a kayak, Nature Adventures has a great offer:
If registering a 2 person relay team use code 2person when checking out for $15 off the registration fee.
Early Registration Individual: $30
Early Registration Relay Team: $70
Sprint Pre-Registration Individual: $45
Pre-Registration Relay Team: $85
Race Day Individual: $50
Race Day Relay Team: $100
Mail In Registration
To print a mail in registration form, click here
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available from 8:00-9:45am.
Participants who register on race day may not receive a t-shirt due to limited supply
50% of your entry fee will be refunded until January 26, 2011. No refunds will be issued for any reason after January 26, 2011. Event entries are not transferable between persons, events, or years. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms.
8:00am - 9:30am Registration/Check-in
If you're interested in a relay team, but need additional members, visit the facebook group and post your request on the wall.
Santee State Park has 30 water front two bedroom cabins and over 100 camp sites available for the weekend.
Special Race weekend pricing. $10 camp sites. 1 night cabin $60/night. 2 night cabin $50/night.
Volunteer & Vendor Information
Please contact Jefferson or Kristen (information below) to sign-up. Please arrive by 8:00am and plan to stay until 1:00pm.
Contact Information & Volunteers Opportunities
Race Directors: Jefferson Nicholson, 864-247-6735, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristen Thomas, 803-487-1052, email@example.com
Top 3 Male & Female
Top 3 Masters Male & Female
Age Group Top 3 Male & Female:
Further categories and awards to be determined by race mgt. based on the field of participants.